Margaret Thatcher Attacked by Opponents in New 'Iron Lady' Trailer
Meryl Streep-starring biopic about Margaret Thatcher, "The Iron Lady", gets its new trailer available for viewing pleasure. The freshly released promo video offers more new scenes, including the one that sees Margaret's younger life before she marries Denis Thatcher.
The sneak-peek video also gives a better look at her controversial political life, where she is protested over her strict policies. At some points, she is seen getting eggs thrown at her by her opponents.
Margaret is a woman who smashes through the barriers of gender and class to be heard in a male-dominated world. The movie focuses on the price that is paid for power, and is a surprising and intimate portrait of an extraordinary and complex woman who becomes the first female Prime Minister in Britain.
Directed by Phyllida Lloyd, "The Iron Lady" is due to be released in limited U.S. theaters on December 30 and in U.K. on January 6, 2012. Serving as the screenwriter for the biopic is Brian Fillis. In addition to Streep, the film is supported by Jim Broadbent, Richard E. Grant, Harry Lloyd, Anthony Head, Olivia Colman and Roger Allam.
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role