Simon Cowell Returning to 'Britain's Got Talent', Ryan Seacrest Courted for 'Today'
Days after there was a buzz about Simon Cowell's return to "Britain's Got Talent", ITV has finally made the news official. The network's boss, Adam Crozier, said that the former "American Idol" judge will be back on the judging panel of the British version of "Got Talent" series following David Hasselhoff and Michael McIntyre's exit.
As for another U.K. reality series "The X Factor", Crozier denied report which said that Cowell will also be brought back to save the singing talent which is said to be losing out to "Strictly Come Dancing". "X Factor is still the most-watched television show when you combine the Saturday and Sunday viewing figures," the ITV boss insisted.
In another news, Ryan Seacrest, who was working together with Cowell before the music producer quit as "Idol" judge in 2010, has also been rumored to land a new gig. The host/network producer allegedly had a meeting with NBC executives, including "Today" executive producer Jim Bell, to talk about replacing Matt Lauer on the morning show.
While Wall Street Journal's source claimed that the talks were to discuss a tactic if Lauer indeed resigns when his contract ends in late 2012, other sources say that the meeting was a part of continued discussions with NBCUniversal, the parent company of E! for which he produces some shows. The Hollywood Reporter additionally notes that the chats might take place to discuss his new deal, since the "Idol" host's contract with E! will expire in early next year.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked