First 'Five-Year Engagement' Trailer: Jason Segel Has to Keep Postponing Wedding
The first trailer for "The Five-Year Engagement" has been debuted. Coming out via Yahoo! Movies, it starts off with Jason Segel's Tom proposing to Emily Blunt's Victoria and continues to show the complications that entail after Victoria gets a job at the University of Michigan.
Though they are ecstatic about their engagement, Tom and Victoria keep getting tripped up on the long walk down the aisle. They are forced to delay their wedding due to unexpected events like job offers, promotions and cross-country moves. What started as a two-year job offer turns to four, and before they know it, they have stayed engaged for five years.
Along with the trailer, Universal Pictures released the film's first poster and some images. The one-sheet features Tom and Victoria looking bored while sitting on a sofa in front of their wedding cake, while one of the stills shows Tom proposing his leading lady and another one sees the couple holding hands affectionately.
"The Five-Year Engagement" is directed by Nicholas Stoller, who also writes the script along with Segel. Joining Segel and Blunt in the cast ensemble are Alison Brie, Rhys Ifans, Chris Pratt and Lauren Weedman. This movie, which begins where most romantic comedies end, is slated for an April 27, 2012 release in theaters across the United States.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says