First 'Five-Year Engagement' Trailer: Jason Segel Has to Keep Postponing Wedding
The first trailer for "The Five-Year Engagement" has been debuted. Coming out via Yahoo! Movies, it starts off with Jason Segel's Tom proposing to Emily Blunt's Victoria and continues to show the complications that entail after Victoria gets a job at the University of Michigan.
Though they are ecstatic about their engagement, Tom and Victoria keep getting tripped up on the long walk down the aisle. They are forced to delay their wedding due to unexpected events like job offers, promotions and cross-country moves. What started as a two-year job offer turns to four, and before they know it, they have stayed engaged for five years.
Along with the trailer, Universal Pictures released the film's first poster and some images. The one-sheet features Tom and Victoria looking bored while sitting on a sofa in front of their wedding cake, while one of the stills shows Tom proposing his leading lady and another one sees the couple holding hands affectionately.
"The Five-Year Engagement" is directed by Nicholas Stoller, who also writes the script along with Segel. Joining Segel and Blunt in the cast ensemble are Alison Brie, Rhys Ifans, Chris Pratt and Lauren Weedman. This movie, which begins where most romantic comedies end, is slated for an April 27, 2012 release in theaters across the United States.
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI