Michael Buble Remains at No. 1 on Hot 200, Passes 1 Million Mark
It's a slow week on Billboard Hot 200 this week. Last week's champ Michael Buble reclaims the throne on the U.S. album chart with his latest holiday effort "Christmas" which adds another 293,000 copies (up 29%). The number is enough to push the album's cumulative sales over 1 million mark (1.03 m) in only four weeks.
Adele rises from No. 7 to No. 2 for her sophomore set "21" pulls in 144,000 copies, passing 4 million mark (4.8 m). Justin Bieber also climbs up the ladder from No. 6 to No. 3 with "Under the Mistletoe". Although climbing higher, the album actually suffers 11% decrease of sales by adding only another 133,000 units.
Drake holds firmly the fourth position with his second studio effort "Take Care" which has sold 90,000 copies in its third week on sales (down 48%). Entering the chart at No. 2 last week, Nickelback have to go down to rounding up the top 5 since their latest studio installment "Here and Now" adds only 78,000 units.
There aren't any new entries this week. The highest chart debut is Trey Songz's "Inevitable [EP]" which can only land at No. 23. The other new release which breaks the top 50 comes in at No. 48 which is claimed by Hot Chelle Rae's first studio album "Whatever". Compared to a year ago this week, there were eight albums that sold at least 100,000 copies, and there were seven CDs debuted in the top 50.
Next week, the race to No. 1 will pit Buble's holiday album against Amy Winehouse's "Lioness: Hidden Treasures" and The Black Keys' "El Camino" which both are aiming to enter the top 10. According to early prediction from Nielsen SoundScan, the Canadian singer is likely to outsell the two competitors and spend a third week atop the weekly rundown.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Christmas" - Michael Buble (293,000)
- "21" - Adele (144,000)
- "Under the Mistletoe" - Justin Bieber ( 133,000)
- "Take Care" - Drake (90,000)
- "Here and Now" - Nickelback (78,000)
- "My Life II... The Journey Continues (Act 1)" - Mary J. Blige (72,000)
- "Talk That Talk" - Rihanna (68,000)
- "Concerto" - Andrea Bocelli (61,000)
- "Now 40" Compilation - Various Artist (48,000)
- "Own the Night" - Lady Antebellum (48,000)
More Michael Buble News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama