Armie Hammer Set to Portray Prisoner in 'By Virtue Fall'
"The Social Network" star Armie Hammer has joined the cast list of Sheldon Turner's "By Virtue Fall". Fresh from playing the titular role in Disney's "The Lone Ranger" opposite Johnny Depp, Hammer is set to fill in the role of an ATF agent in the action film.
Hammer's character is framed by his mentor and winds up in prison. Once released, he's fixated on getting revenge on his former partner, played by Eric Bana, who has flourished in his new life and tried to cleanse himself of the past.
The character goes through drastic change while behind the bars. As a prisoner, Hammer would be required to bulk up and toughen up his look by shaving his head.
Turner, who co-wrote "Up in the Air", would direct for the first time, write and produce the movie with Jennifer Klein. Filming will start later this year with no release date set yet.
- Comic-Con: New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Brings Back Elektra as Villain
- Usher Sued for $10 Million After Allegedly Exposing Another Woman to Herpes
- Kylie Jenner Is Afraid Tyga Will Release Their Intimate Videos 'Out of Spite'
- Royal Tantrum! Princess Charlotte Cries and Refuses to Board Helicopter in Hamburg
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' New Season 7 Trailer Sees Melisandre's Return
- Listen to Cara Delevingne's Sultry Song From 'Valerian' Soundtrack
- Comic-Con: Todd McFarlane Teams Up With 'Get Out' Producer for 'Spawn' Movie
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Swingers Rumors: I Wish I and Will Smith Were!