Armie Hammer Set to Portray Prisoner in 'By Virtue Fall'
"The Social Network" star Armie Hammer has joined the cast list of Sheldon Turner's "By Virtue Fall". Fresh from playing the titular role in Disney's "The Lone Ranger" opposite Johnny Depp, Hammer is set to fill in the role of an ATF agent in the action film.
Hammer's character is framed by his mentor and winds up in prison. Once released, he's fixated on getting revenge on his former partner, played by Eric Bana, who has flourished in his new life and tried to cleanse himself of the past.
The character goes through drastic change while behind the bars. As a prisoner, Hammer would be required to bulk up and toughen up his look by shaving his head.
Turner, who co-wrote "Up in the Air", would direct for the first time, write and produce the movie with Jennifer Klein. Filming will start later this year with no release date set yet.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel