Armie Hammer Set to Portray Prisoner in 'By Virtue Fall'
"The Social Network" star Armie Hammer has joined the cast list of Sheldon Turner's "By Virtue Fall". Fresh from playing the titular role in Disney's "The Lone Ranger" opposite Johnny Depp, Hammer is set to fill in the role of an ATF agent in the action film.
Hammer's character is framed by his mentor and winds up in prison. Once released, he's fixated on getting revenge on his former partner, played by Eric Bana, who has flourished in his new life and tried to cleanse himself of the past.
The character goes through drastic change while behind the bars. As a prisoner, Hammer would be required to bulk up and toughen up his look by shaving his head.
Turner, who co-wrote "Up in the Air", would direct for the first time, write and produce the movie with Jennifer Klein. Filming will start later this year with no release date set yet.
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans