Michael Bay to Return as Director for 'Transformers 4', Filming to Begin Next Winter
The long-running question about whether or not Michael Bay would return to direct "Transformers 4" is close to get the answer. According to Vulture, it is highly likely that Bay will return to helm the next autobot war film since he's currently in final negotiations with Paramount Pictures to tackle the duty.
While Bay has not officially signed up, it is said that the studio believes it will happen soon and the announcement could be released as early as next week. Should the deal be sealed, the "Transformers" helmer is expected to shoot the fourth film in the winter of 2012, just after he shoots his passion project "Pain and Gain" next spring.
An insider said, "[Steven] Spielberg does this all the time, where you're doing art development and visual effects tests on your next movie while you're still shooting the current one. The beauty of Michael doing 'Pain and Gain' is that there's no [technical] complexity to it compared to 'Transformers'."
Details of "Transformers 4" are still kept under a very tight wrap. However, it is reported that the forthcoming movie will not be a prequel and it will "delve deeper into 'Transformers' canon to mine older characters and lore." The insider added, "Regular people might not care about bringing out a character like Sentinel Prime. But believe me, fans of the series cared."
Bay is currently busy working on his low-budget dramedy "Pain and Gain". He has been eyeing Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Mark Wahlberg to star in the $20 million movie, which follows two bodybuilders who get caught up in an extortion ring and a kidnapping scheme that goes terribly wrong.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'