'Glee' Fast-Tracking Michael Jackson Tribute Episode
"Glee" is going to celebrate Michael Jackson's musical legacy in a tribute episode. After Madonna, Britney Spears and Fleetwood Mac, the late "Thriller" hitmaker will be the latest star honored in a January 24, 2012 episode.
According to TV Guide, 10-12 songs from MJ's catalog will be featured in the tribute episode. The special outing is being fast-tracked in the writers' room and the first half of it is expected to be filmed before the holiday break. The remaining numbers, meanwhile, will be completed when the cast are back to the set in January.
Words are, the Jackson family has given "their enthusiastic support" for the tribute episode after being convinced that the King of Pop will be honored appropriately. Creator/executive producer Ryan Murphy gushes that the cast members are "flooding him with requests to sing their fave Jackson numbers."
Prior to this tribute episode, "Glee" has included a number of MJ's music. The glee club did a "Thriller" mash-up in a post-Super Bowl episode. In the latest episode, New Directions also performed a Jackson family medley during their Sectionals performance.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie