'Glee' Fast-Tracking Michael Jackson Tribute Episode
"Glee" is going to celebrate Michael Jackson's musical legacy in a tribute episode. After Madonna, Britney Spears and Fleetwood Mac, the late "Thriller" hitmaker will be the latest star honored in a January 24, 2012 episode.
According to TV Guide, 10-12 songs from MJ's catalog will be featured in the tribute episode. The special outing is being fast-tracked in the writers' room and the first half of it is expected to be filmed before the holiday break. The remaining numbers, meanwhile, will be completed when the cast are back to the set in January.
Words are, the Jackson family has given "their enthusiastic support" for the tribute episode after being convinced that the King of Pop will be honored appropriately. Creator/executive producer Ryan Murphy gushes that the cast members are "flooding him with requests to sing their fave Jackson numbers."
Prior to this tribute episode, "Glee" has included a number of MJ's music. The glee club did a "Thriller" mash-up in a post-Super Bowl episode. In the latest episode, New Directions also performed a Jackson family medley during their Sectionals performance.
More Glee News
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs