'24' Might Start Shooting in April 2012 With Kiefer Sutherland Back as Jack Bauer
CTU agent Jack Bauer is heading to the big screen in "24: The Movie". Deadline reported that 20th Century Fox has moved forward to develop the TV hit series-adapted film. The production could kick off in April 2012, which is adjusted to lead actor Kiefer Sutherland's schedule.
While Sutherland is set to reprise his iconic role as Bauer, the movie is still looking for a suitable director to tackle the helming duty. It is said that producer Brian Grazer and Fox have considered five filmmakers after Tony Scott was no longer attached to direct the film.
"The Wolverine" screenwriter Mark Bomback has been taped to polish the original screenplay, which was written by Billy Ray. The script is expected to be finished by the end of this year. Though Ray aims to take Bauer to Europe, it is still unclear if Bomback will take the plot to different direction.
On the TV series, "24" follows the 24 hours in Bauer's life, using the real time method of narration. Each episode typically follows Bauer, officials in the U.S. government, and the conspirators behind the events of the day, often simultaneously.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny