ACA 2011: Jason Aldean Leads Full Winner List, Taylor Swift Gets Snubbed
Jason Aldean, who leads this year's nomination pack of American Country Awards with a total of eight nods, dominates the winner list by pocketing six kudos at the event which took place at at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Meanwhile, Taylor Swift, who frequently won coveted awards in many previous prize-giving events, lost all of her six nods.
Jason first grabbed Album of the Year before getting flooded with five more trophies near the end of the star-studded ceremony. He sealed his six wins by taking home Artist of the Year, Touring Artist of the Year, Single by a Male Artist, Single by a Vocal Collaboration and Music Video by a Duo/Group/Collaboration.
The "Dirt Road Anthem" singer was presented by Artist of the Year by Miranda Lambert. "This is getting a little ridiculous now," he gushed. "I don't know what else to say. It's been a crazy year." In winning the award, he beat the likes of Taylor, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum and Zac Brown Band.
As for Taylor, the 21-year-old country/pop beauty additionally gave up Touring Artist of the Year and Album of the Year to Jason. She also missed Female Artist of the Year, Music Video by a Female Artist and Single by a Female Artist to 2010 ACAs big winner Carrie Underwood. The "Mean" singer was not present at the event which was held on Monday night, December 5.
Beside Carrie, the other stars who took home multiple awards were Thompson Square, Chris Young and Blake Shelton. The Thompson duo bagged Single by a New Artist, Music Video by a New Artist, and Single by a Duo/Group. Chris won Single of the Year and Breakthrough Artist of the Year. Meanwhile, Blake got Music Video of the Year and Music Video by a Male Artist.
Special honoree was Alabama who accepted Greatest Hits Award. On the countdown of ACAs Artist of the Decade, Toby Keith was ranked at the first spot. He beats Tim McGraw (#2), Kenny (#3), George Strait (#4), Alan Jackson (#5), Brooks & Dunn (#6), Rascal Flatts (#7), Garth Brooks (#8), Brad Paisley (#9), and Keith Urban (#10).
- Artist of the Year: Jason Aldean
- Male Artist of the Year: Brad Paisley
- Female Artist of the Year: Carrie Underwood
- Duo/Group Artist of the Year: Lady Antebellum
- New Artist of the Year: Scotty McCreery
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year: Chris Young
- Touring Artist of the Year: Jason Aldean
- Album of the Year: "My Kinda Party" - Jason Aldean
- Single of the Year: "Voices" - Chris Young
- Single by a Male Artist: "My Kinda Party" - Jason Aldean
- Single by a Female Artist: "Mama's Song" - Carrie Underwood
- Single by a Duo/Group: "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not" - Thompson Square
- Single by a Vocal Collaboration: "Don't You Wanna Stay" - Jason Aldean with Kelly Clarkson
- Single of the Year by a New Artist: "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not" - Thompson Square
- Music Video of the Year: "Who Are You When I'm Not Looking" - Blake Shelton
- Music Video by a Male Artist: "Who Are You When I'm Not Looking" - Blake Shelton
- Music Video by a Female Artist: "Mama's Song" - Carrie Underwood
- Music Video by a Group or Collaboration: "Don't You Wanna Stay" - Jason Aldean with Kelly Clarkson
- Music Video by a New Artist: "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not" - Thompson Square
- Greatest Hits Award: Alabama
- #1 Artist of the Decade: Toby Keith
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones