39th Annie Awards Nominations Announced With 'Kung Fu Panda 2' on Lead
International Animated Film Society has revealed the contenders of 39th Annual Annie Awards on Monday, December 5. In 28 categories announced, "Kung Fu Panda 2" rules the pack with 12 nominations including Best Animated Feature.
Another project by Dreamworks Animation, "Puss in Boots" is also under the coveted category, battling it out with Pixar's "Cars 2", Paramount's "Rango" and Blue Sky Studios' "Rio" among others. Both "Puss in Boots" and "Cars 2" received nine nods. Meanwhile, Disney's "Winnie the Pooh" grabbed eight nominations but it did not get one in the top award, Best Animated Feature.
"We are really excited about the expanded list of nominations this year…in all 28 categories," said Frank Gladstone, president, ASIFA-Hollywood. "All of the major animation studios are represented, as are some of the independent productions from Europe and South America. This certainly is a testament to the wide reach and appeal of animation and the people who create it."
The winners will be unveiled at a ceremony held on February 4, 2012 at UCLA's Royce Hall, in Los Angeles, CA.
The full nominations list of 39th Annie Awards can be seen here.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked