39th Annie Awards Nominations Announced With 'Kung Fu Panda 2' on Lead
International Animated Film Society has revealed the contenders of 39th Annual Annie Awards on Monday, December 5. In 28 categories announced, "Kung Fu Panda 2" rules the pack with 12 nominations including Best Animated Feature.
Another project by Dreamworks Animation, "Puss in Boots" is also under the coveted category, battling it out with Pixar's "Cars 2", Paramount's "Rango" and Blue Sky Studios' "Rio" among others. Both "Puss in Boots" and "Cars 2" received nine nods. Meanwhile, Disney's "Winnie the Pooh" grabbed eight nominations but it did not get one in the top award, Best Animated Feature.
"We are really excited about the expanded list of nominations this year…in all 28 categories," said Frank Gladstone, president, ASIFA-Hollywood. "All of the major animation studios are represented, as are some of the independent productions from Europe and South America. This certainly is a testament to the wide reach and appeal of animation and the people who create it."
The winners will be unveiled at a ceremony held on February 4, 2012 at UCLA's Royce Hall, in Los Angeles, CA.
The full nominations list of 39th Annie Awards can be seen here.
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama