Pakistani Actress' Nude Pose on FHM Sparks Controversy
Pakistani actress Veena Malik is suing FHM India for making her appear nude on the cover of its December issue. Seeking $2 million in damages, the Muslim actress said, "I agreed to a photo shoot and having an ISI tattoo in a humorous way but I did not have any nude photos. My pictures have been morphed."
Meanwhile, the editors of the magazine insisted that they did not doctor the photo, saying "Maybe she is facing some kind of backlash, so maybe that's why she is denying it. We have not photoshopped or faked the cover. This is what she looks like, she has an amazing body."
Editor Kabeer Sharma added that the video of the photo shoot will prove that she was indeed nude when photographed. He said on Monday, December 5 that he will release a series of photos from the shoot proving his version of the story.
But the case is more complicated than it already is because it has sparked an uproar between two nuclear rivals, India and Pakistan. The initials of Pakistan's fearsome intelligence agency, ISI, tattooed across her arm is deemed an insult to Islam. In addition, ISI has been routinely accused by New Delhi of masterminding militant attacks on Indian soil. Pakistan's government has promised to investigate the photos.
Malik's father has also seen his daughter's nude photos as an embarrassment. Another photo showed Malik wearing only military cargo belt and biting the pin of a grenade. "I have disowned her, I have severed all ties with her and I don't want her to have any share in whatever meagre assets I have until she is cleared of the controversy and pledges not to visit India again," Malik Mohammad Aslam told AFP.
Aslam also hoped that Malik would be punished if found guilty of posing nude. "I can ignore if she disobeys me but I cannot tolerate anything against my country and my faith," he said.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?