New Clips for Angelina Jolie's 'In the Land of Blood and Honey' Released
Several new clips from Angelina Jolie's directorial debut, "In the Land of Blood and Honey", have been made available for viewing pleasure. Making its way out via Collider, the fresh snippets focus on a Bosniak woman named Alja who lived during the Bosnian civil war in 1992-1995.
In one clip, Alja is seen telling her female friend about her great escape plot from a camp. The second clip shows her sharing to a Serbian soldier Danijel that she was a painter before the war, while another scene features the female lead and her mother packing their clothes before the Serbian troops break into their apartment. The other clip, meanwhile, focuses on Danijel who discusses the war with his superior.
Alja and Danijel are two lovers that meet during the civil war. Their lives are torn apart when violence flares between ethnic and religious groups in Bosnia and Herzegovina. "The film is specific to the Bosnian War, but it's also universal," Jolie recently explained. "I wanted to tell a story of how human relationships and behavior are deeply affected by living in side a war."
"In the Land of Blood and Honey" is scheduled to be unleashed in limited U.S. theaters on December 23. In addition to serving behind the lens, Jolie pens the screenplay and serves as the producer along with Graham King and Tim Headington. Tackling the female lead role is Bosnian actress Zana Marjanovic, while Goran Kostic portrays her lover Danijel.
It was recently reported that Croatian journalist and author James J. Braddock has filed a copyright lawsuit against Jolie, claiming that the actress stole the story from an article he wrote and published in 2007. Braddock is demanding the court to award him damages, naming GK Films and several other entities as the defendants as well.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'