Madonna's New Song 'Masterpiece' From 'W.E.' Surfaces Online
Madonna's brand new song called "Masterpiece" has just hit the web for fans' listening pleasure. Scheduled to be played over the end credits of Madge-directed big screen project "W.E.", the fresh song is also expected to appear in her upcoming studio album.
"If you were the Mona Lisa/ You'd be hanging in the Louvre/ Everyone would come to see you/ You'd be impossible to move," the Material Girl croons in the William Orbit-produced tune. "It seems to me, it's what you are/A raring prize, this work of art/ You stay behind, a velvet rope."
"W.E." is Madge's second directorial vehicle after 2008's "Filth and Wisdom". It revolves around the affair between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson that led to the British royal abdicating from the throne to marry his divorcee lover. It's set to open in limited theaters across the U.S. on December 9.
Madge's new album itself is expected to come out sometime next year. Its lead single "Give Me All Your Love" will feature Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. Rumor has it, it will be showcased at Super Bowl XLVI which will be held on February 5, 2012 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind.
It's also reported that a music video is currently being prepared with French graphic art and design collective Megaforce on hand to direct. Allegedly set to be filmed in New York, the clip is said to feature Minaj and M.I.A in addition to being filled with over 50 dancers.
More Madonna News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son