Madonna's New Song 'Masterpiece' From 'W.E.' Surfaces Online
Madonna's brand new song called "Masterpiece" has just hit the web for fans' listening pleasure. Scheduled to be played over the end credits of Madge-directed big screen project "W.E.", the fresh song is also expected to appear in her upcoming studio album.
"If you were the Mona Lisa/ You'd be hanging in the Louvre/ Everyone would come to see you/ You'd be impossible to move," the Material Girl croons in the William Orbit-produced tune. "It seems to me, it's what you are/A raring prize, this work of art/ You stay behind, a velvet rope."
"W.E." is Madge's second directorial vehicle after 2008's "Filth and Wisdom". It revolves around the affair between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson that led to the British royal abdicating from the throne to marry his divorcee lover. It's set to open in limited theaters across the U.S. on December 9.
Madge's new album itself is expected to come out sometime next year. Its lead single "Give Me All Your Love" will feature Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. Rumor has it, it will be showcased at Super Bowl XLVI which will be held on February 5, 2012 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind.
It's also reported that a music video is currently being prepared with French graphic art and design collective Megaforce on hand to direct. Allegedly set to be filmed in New York, the clip is said to feature Minaj and M.I.A in addition to being filled with over 50 dancers.
More Madonna News
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video