Miss USA 2010 Arrested on DUI Suspicion and Tried to Deny
Being elected as Miss USA doesn't make one a saint. Rima Fakih, who held the title in 2010, was arrested on suspicion of Driving Under the Influence on Saturday, December 3 morning in Highland Park, Michigan.
According to TMZ's sources, Fakih had a blood alcohol level of .20, which is more than twice the legal limit. Fakih wrote on her Twitter that she was spending the weekend with her friends, having dinner. "I'm SO SO ready for this weekend. Finally!" she wrote on Thursday. But instead of enjoying her days-off, she reportedly spent the majority of Saturday behind bars.
Her attorney Doraid Elder confirmed the news, saying "Unfortunately she was". But the former beauty queen tried to deny the incident, tweeting, "Let's clear things up now.... I'm NOT in Michigan and I'm NOT in jail! Wrong Fakih" on late Saturday. The tweet has been deleted since.
Elder added that Fakih is "very saddened and very apologetic for the situation that she is in right now". But the lawyer noted that the case is still alleged and that "this shouldn't be something that defines who she is".
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip