Miss USA 2010 Arrested on DUI Suspicion and Tried to Deny
Being elected as Miss USA doesn't make one a saint. Rima Fakih, who held the title in 2010, was arrested on suspicion of Driving Under the Influence on Saturday, December 3 morning in Highland Park, Michigan.
According to TMZ's sources, Fakih had a blood alcohol level of .20, which is more than twice the legal limit. Fakih wrote on her Twitter that she was spending the weekend with her friends, having dinner. "I'm SO SO ready for this weekend. Finally!" she wrote on Thursday. But instead of enjoying her days-off, she reportedly spent the majority of Saturday behind bars.
Her attorney Doraid Elder confirmed the news, saying "Unfortunately she was". But the former beauty queen tried to deny the incident, tweeting, "Let's clear things up now.... I'm NOT in Michigan and I'm NOT in jail! Wrong Fakih" on late Saturday. The tweet has been deleted since.
Elder added that Fakih is "very saddened and very apologetic for the situation that she is in right now". But the lawyer noted that the case is still alleged and that "this shouldn't be something that defines who she is".
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March