Miss USA 2010 Arrested on DUI Suspicion and Tried to Deny
Being elected as Miss USA doesn't make one a saint. Rima Fakih, who held the title in 2010, was arrested on suspicion of Driving Under the Influence on Saturday, December 3 morning in Highland Park, Michigan.
According to TMZ's sources, Fakih had a blood alcohol level of .20, which is more than twice the legal limit. Fakih wrote on her Twitter that she was spending the weekend with her friends, having dinner. "I'm SO SO ready for this weekend. Finally!" she wrote on Thursday. But instead of enjoying her days-off, she reportedly spent the majority of Saturday behind bars.
Her attorney Doraid Elder confirmed the news, saying "Unfortunately she was". But the former beauty queen tried to deny the incident, tweeting, "Let's clear things up now.... I'm NOT in Michigan and I'm NOT in jail! Wrong Fakih" on late Saturday. The tweet has been deleted since.
Elder added that Fakih is "very saddened and very apologetic for the situation that she is in right now". But the lawyer noted that the case is still alleged and that "this shouldn't be something that defines who she is".
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos