Miss USA 2010 Arrested on DUI Suspicion and Tried to Deny
Being elected as Miss USA doesn't make one a saint. Rima Fakih, who held the title in 2010, was arrested on suspicion of Driving Under the Influence on Saturday, December 3 morning in Highland Park, Michigan.
According to TMZ's sources, Fakih had a blood alcohol level of .20, which is more than twice the legal limit. Fakih wrote on her Twitter that she was spending the weekend with her friends, having dinner. "I'm SO SO ready for this weekend. Finally!" she wrote on Thursday. But instead of enjoying her days-off, she reportedly spent the majority of Saturday behind bars.
Her attorney Doraid Elder confirmed the news, saying "Unfortunately she was". But the former beauty queen tried to deny the incident, tweeting, "Let's clear things up now.... I'm NOT in Michigan and I'm NOT in jail! Wrong Fakih" on late Saturday. The tweet has been deleted since.
Elder added that Fakih is "very saddened and very apologetic for the situation that she is in right now". But the lawyer noted that the case is still alleged and that "this shouldn't be something that defines who she is".
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby