Mindy McCready's Son Picked Up by Authorities in Arkansas
Mindy McCready's five-year-old son Zander has been found in Arkansas on Friday, December 2 after reported missing. Just a day before, the troubled country singer insisted that she would not return Zander to the rightful guardian, who is the boy's grandmother, because she was pregnant and could not travel.
McCready initially said that she and her son were in Tennessee. An order was issued on Thursday for authorities to take the boy into custody and return him. An emergency pick-up of Zander was issued a day later when he was finally located. According to authorities in Arkansas, who took the boy into their care, he is in good health and would soon be returned to his grandmother in Florida.
The custody of Zander was given to McCready's mother in 2007 after she fell into a series of troubles including domestic abuse, drug and drunk-driving and a suicide attempt. She picked up Zander from her father's house during a recent visit and never returned him. Her mom had to report a missing child case to the Department of Children and Families, but McCready denied that she kidnapped her own son.
Legally, McCready had violated a custody arrangement and a judge's order. It is yet clear whether she would face charges. "I'm doing all this to protect Zander, not stay out of trouble," she wrote in an e-mail to the Associated Press on Thursday. "I don't think I should be in trouble for protecting my son in the first place."
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating