Mindy McCready's Son Picked Up by Authorities in Arkansas
Mindy McCready's five-year-old son Zander has been found in Arkansas on Friday, December 2 after reported missing. Just a day before, the troubled country singer insisted that she would not return Zander to the rightful guardian, who is the boy's grandmother, because she was pregnant and could not travel.
McCready initially said that she and her son were in Tennessee. An order was issued on Thursday for authorities to take the boy into custody and return him. An emergency pick-up of Zander was issued a day later when he was finally located. According to authorities in Arkansas, who took the boy into their care, he is in good health and would soon be returned to his grandmother in Florida.
The custody of Zander was given to McCready's mother in 2007 after she fell into a series of troubles including domestic abuse, drug and drunk-driving and a suicide attempt. She picked up Zander from her father's house during a recent visit and never returned him. Her mom had to report a missing child case to the Department of Children and Families, but McCready denied that she kidnapped her own son.
Legally, McCready had violated a custody arrangement and a judge's order. It is yet clear whether she would face charges. "I'm doing all this to protect Zander, not stay out of trouble," she wrote in an e-mail to the Associated Press on Thursday. "I don't think I should be in trouble for protecting my son in the first place."
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'