Mindy McCready's Son Picked Up by Authorities in Arkansas
Mindy McCready's five-year-old son Zander has been found in Arkansas on Friday, December 2 after reported missing. Just a day before, the troubled country singer insisted that she would not return Zander to the rightful guardian, who is the boy's grandmother, because she was pregnant and could not travel.
McCready initially said that she and her son were in Tennessee. An order was issued on Thursday for authorities to take the boy into custody and return him. An emergency pick-up of Zander was issued a day later when he was finally located. According to authorities in Arkansas, who took the boy into their care, he is in good health and would soon be returned to his grandmother in Florida.
The custody of Zander was given to McCready's mother in 2007 after she fell into a series of troubles including domestic abuse, drug and drunk-driving and a suicide attempt. She picked up Zander from her father's house during a recent visit and never returned him. Her mom had to report a missing child case to the Department of Children and Families, but McCready denied that she kidnapped her own son.
Legally, McCready had violated a custody arrangement and a judge's order. It is yet clear whether she would face charges. "I'm doing all this to protect Zander, not stay out of trouble," she wrote in an e-mail to the Associated Press on Thursday. "I don't think I should be in trouble for protecting my son in the first place."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'