Jimmy Fallon Records Comedy Album for 2012 Summer Release
Jimmy Fallon is recording a second album. The "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" host has secured a record deal with Warner Music Nashville and is preparing an album for a summer release next year. "Having a new album coming out soon on Warner Bros. means so much to me," he said in a statement regarding the project.
Fallon continued, "Mostly, it means I should probably start writing some songs." The funnyman will fill the CD with "music, parodies and other impresario compositions that became instant classics after performances by Jimmy and his guests on the 'Late Night' show." He will also include never-before-released materials from his talk show.
Echoing Fallon's excitement, Warner Music senior VP Peter Strickland gushed, "Warner Music has a long and proud tradition of comedy excellence. Its illustrious roster has been home to Bob Hope and Steve Martin and more recently, Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Katt Williams and Lisa Lampanelli, among many others. It is with great pride that we welcome Jimmy Fallon to our comedy family!"
Over the years, Fallon indeed has showed off his pipes at some of his comedic performances. One of the most famous ones was his performances as Neil Young. He once performed a twisted version of Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" with Bruce Springsteen, and delivered a rendition of Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A." with Young's real-life collaborators Graham Nash and David Crosby.
More Jimmy Fallon News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'