Jimmy Fallon Records Comedy Album for 2012 Summer Release
Jimmy Fallon is recording a second album. The "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" host has secured a record deal with Warner Music Nashville and is preparing an album for a summer release next year. "Having a new album coming out soon on Warner Bros. means so much to me," he said in a statement regarding the project.
Fallon continued, "Mostly, it means I should probably start writing some songs." The funnyman will fill the CD with "music, parodies and other impresario compositions that became instant classics after performances by Jimmy and his guests on the 'Late Night' show." He will also include never-before-released materials from his talk show.
Echoing Fallon's excitement, Warner Music senior VP Peter Strickland gushed, "Warner Music has a long and proud tradition of comedy excellence. Its illustrious roster has been home to Bob Hope and Steve Martin and more recently, Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Katt Williams and Lisa Lampanelli, among many others. It is with great pride that we welcome Jimmy Fallon to our comedy family!"
Over the years, Fallon indeed has showed off his pipes at some of his comedic performances. One of the most famous ones was his performances as Neil Young. He once performed a twisted version of Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" with Bruce Springsteen, and delivered a rendition of Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A." with Young's real-life collaborators Graham Nash and David Crosby.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury