Jimmy Fallon Records Comedy Album for 2012 Summer Release
Jimmy Fallon is recording a second album. The "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" host has secured a record deal with Warner Music Nashville and is preparing an album for a summer release next year. "Having a new album coming out soon on Warner Bros. means so much to me," he said in a statement regarding the project.
Fallon continued, "Mostly, it means I should probably start writing some songs." The funnyman will fill the CD with "music, parodies and other impresario compositions that became instant classics after performances by Jimmy and his guests on the 'Late Night' show." He will also include never-before-released materials from his talk show.
Echoing Fallon's excitement, Warner Music senior VP Peter Strickland gushed, "Warner Music has a long and proud tradition of comedy excellence. Its illustrious roster has been home to Bob Hope and Steve Martin and more recently, Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Katt Williams and Lisa Lampanelli, among many others. It is with great pride that we welcome Jimmy Fallon to our comedy family!"
Over the years, Fallon indeed has showed off his pipes at some of his comedic performances. One of the most famous ones was his performances as Neil Young. He once performed a twisted version of Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" with Bruce Springsteen, and delivered a rendition of Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A." with Young's real-life collaborators Graham Nash and David Crosby.
More Jimmy Fallon News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed