Lawyer: Conrad Murray Confident the Court of Appeal Will Vindicate Him
Conrad Murray is still standing on his own belief that he is innocent in Michael Jackson's death. Days after he was sentenced to four years in prison for the involuntary manslaughter case, the disgraced doctor has filed a conviction appeal in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday, December 2.
Murray signed the document himself in the space marked "in pro per," which means he is representing himself rather than using an attorney. The notice seeks all records and transcripts from the case, but does not indicate the basis on which the King of Pop's physician will argue to overturn his conviction or sentence.
Although he acts on his own behalf in the appeal, Murray is still communicating with one of the lawyers who repped him in the manslaughter trial, Nareg Gourjian. To TMZ, the attorney stated, "This case presents a gold mine of issues for any appellate lawyer. Dr. Murray is confident that the Court of Appeal will vindicate him."
Murray was found guilty by the jury earlier this month following a six-week manslaughter trial. Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor then handed down the prison sentence on Tuesday, November 29, criticizing him for "horrific violation of trust" when taking care of the "Thriller" hitmaker.
Murray is expected to serve two years of the four-year sentence if his appeal is not successful.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture