Marion Cotillard Might Star as Villainous Morgana in 'Arthur and Lancelot'
Marion Cotillard could land an antagonist role in her next film. Vulture has learned that Warner Bros. Pictures is considering the "Inception" actress to play a villainous character in forthcoming David Dobkin's epic war movie "Arthur & Lancelot".
The Oscar-winning actress, who will be seen as Miranda Tate in highly anticipated superhero flick "The Dark Knight Rises", has been offered to tackle the part of Morgana. A sorceress and the half-sister of King Arthur, she is typically described as a villainess.
"Arthur & Lancelot" revolves around King Arthur, who is believed to have been a 6th century king who defended Britain against Saxon invaders. "Game of Thrones" actor Kit Harington has been cast to play the fabled British leader, while "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" star Joel Kinnaman is set to portray his trusted knight.
In addition to tackling the directorial duty, Dobkin also serves as the co-producer and co-writer. Before directing the movie, Dobkin is largely known for making comedy films such as "Wedding Crashers", "Fred Claus" and "The Change-Up".
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest