Marion Cotillard Might Star as Villainous Morgana in 'Arthur and Lancelot'
Marion Cotillard could land an antagonist role in her next film. Vulture has learned that Warner Bros. Pictures is considering the "Inception" actress to play a villainous character in forthcoming David Dobkin's epic war movie "Arthur & Lancelot".
The Oscar-winning actress, who will be seen as Miranda Tate in highly anticipated superhero flick "The Dark Knight Rises", has been offered to tackle the part of Morgana. A sorceress and the half-sister of King Arthur, she is typically described as a villainess.
"Arthur & Lancelot" revolves around King Arthur, who is believed to have been a 6th century king who defended Britain against Saxon invaders. "Game of Thrones" actor Kit Harington has been cast to play the fabled British leader, while "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" star Joel Kinnaman is set to portray his trusted knight.
In addition to tackling the directorial duty, Dobkin also serves as the co-producer and co-writer. Before directing the movie, Dobkin is largely known for making comedy films such as "Wedding Crashers", "Fred Claus" and "The Change-Up".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal