Marion Cotillard Might Star as Villainous Morgana in 'Arthur and Lancelot'
Marion Cotillard could land an antagonist role in her next film. Vulture has learned that Warner Bros. Pictures is considering the "Inception" actress to play a villainous character in forthcoming David Dobkin's epic war movie "Arthur & Lancelot".
The Oscar-winning actress, who will be seen as Miranda Tate in highly anticipated superhero flick "The Dark Knight Rises", has been offered to tackle the part of Morgana. A sorceress and the half-sister of King Arthur, she is typically described as a villainess.
"Arthur & Lancelot" revolves around King Arthur, who is believed to have been a 6th century king who defended Britain against Saxon invaders. "Game of Thrones" actor Kit Harington has been cast to play the fabled British leader, while "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" star Joel Kinnaman is set to portray his trusted knight.
In addition to tackling the directorial duty, Dobkin also serves as the co-producer and co-writer. Before directing the movie, Dobkin is largely known for making comedy films such as "Wedding Crashers", "Fred Claus" and "The Change-Up".
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen