Marion Cotillard Might Star as Villainous Morgana in 'Arthur and Lancelot'
Marion Cotillard could land an antagonist role in her next film. Vulture has learned that Warner Bros. Pictures is considering the "Inception" actress to play a villainous character in forthcoming David Dobkin's epic war movie "Arthur & Lancelot".
The Oscar-winning actress, who will be seen as Miranda Tate in highly anticipated superhero flick "The Dark Knight Rises", has been offered to tackle the part of Morgana. A sorceress and the half-sister of King Arthur, she is typically described as a villainess.
"Arthur & Lancelot" revolves around King Arthur, who is believed to have been a 6th century king who defended Britain against Saxon invaders. "Game of Thrones" actor Kit Harington has been cast to play the fabled British leader, while "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" star Joel Kinnaman is set to portray his trusted knight.
In addition to tackling the directorial duty, Dobkin also serves as the co-producer and co-writer. Before directing the movie, Dobkin is largely known for making comedy films such as "Wedding Crashers", "Fred Claus" and "The Change-Up".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie