Remainders of 'Dexter' Season 6 Will Set Up the Series End Game
Although there is no final word that "Dexter" will end after eight seasons, people behind the show have been working with this assumption. At Showtime's annual holiday party in Los Angeles on Thursday, December 1, the network's entertainment president David Nevins said, "I'm never going to say 'never,' but everybody is operating under that assumption. Things could take a turn creatively where they come to us and say they need more time."
He even revealed that the creative end game will begin soon, claiming, "Coming back for two more years gives us clarity about how and when it will go out." Teasing fans to tune in the remainders of the currently airing season 6, he revealed, "There's things that are going to happen [this season] that will set up a very clear end game that will take two seasons to tell. You have got to be there for the last two episodes."
On the same occasion, Nevins also talked about his new series "Homeland" which is paired with "Dexter" on Sundays. Sharing that he is "excited and a little bit anxious" about the conclusion of the first season of the Claire Danes-starring series, he gushed, "It's emotionally wrenching."
Showtime has renewed "Dexter" for two more seasons last November. At that time, Nevis already hinted at the possibility of the show wrapping up after the eighth season. "I'm not going to say with absolute certainty that this is the end, but that is the likely scenario, that the series is moving towards a definite end," he said back then.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound