Remainders of 'Dexter' Season 6 Will Set Up the Series End Game
Although there is no final word that "Dexter" will end after eight seasons, people behind the show have been working with this assumption. At Showtime's annual holiday party in Los Angeles on Thursday, December 1, the network's entertainment president David Nevins said, "I'm never going to say 'never,' but everybody is operating under that assumption. Things could take a turn creatively where they come to us and say they need more time."
He even revealed that the creative end game will begin soon, claiming, "Coming back for two more years gives us clarity about how and when it will go out." Teasing fans to tune in the remainders of the currently airing season 6, he revealed, "There's things that are going to happen [this season] that will set up a very clear end game that will take two seasons to tell. You have got to be there for the last two episodes."
On the same occasion, Nevins also talked about his new series "Homeland" which is paired with "Dexter" on Sundays. Sharing that he is "excited and a little bit anxious" about the conclusion of the first season of the Claire Danes-starring series, he gushed, "It's emotionally wrenching."
Showtime has renewed "Dexter" for two more seasons last November. At that time, Nevis already hinted at the possibility of the show wrapping up after the eighth season. "I'm not going to say with absolute certainty that this is the end, but that is the likely scenario, that the series is moving towards a definite end," he said back then.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed