Drake Splits With His Agency, but Stays With His Management
It's confirmed that Drake has cut ties with his agents at International Creative Management. The news was first brought to attention by New York Post, but the publication run an inaccurate story which mentioned that the Canadian rapper did not only fire his agents at ICM but also dumped his managers at Hip Hop Since 1978.
"Drake just felt like there were too many hands in his pockets," a source from the NY Post claimed. "He was getting pulled in too many different directions." The source added, "His team from Canada is trying to wrestle back control. He may go back to them to streamline things."
While Drizzy's departure from ICM was confirmed, rumor that he parted ways with his management team was deemed false. A representative for the rapper's new talent agency, William Morris Endeavor, furthermore set the record straight, "Contrary to previous reports, there has been no change with Drake's management team."
"He continues to be managed by Gee Roberson, Al Branch, Kyambo Joshua and Bryant Cortez [sic] of Hip Hop Since 1978," the publicist elaborated further in a statement issued to Billboard.biz. About Drizzy's professional relationship with WME, the rep explained, "WME now represents Drake in all areas worldwide."
Drake released his second studio album "Take Care" in the United States on November 15. He debuted at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 by selling a grand total of 631,000 copies, becoming an artist with the third-largest sales week of the year behind Lady GaGa and Lil Wayne.
More Drake News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway