Tom Cruise Close to Play Reborn Soldier in Sci-Fi Film 'All You Need Is Kill'
Tom Cruise is close to land another big role in a potential tentpole sci-fi titled "All You Need Is Kill". The 49-year-old actor has agreed to take on the lead role in the Doug Liman-directed film, which is expected to kick off the production in the late third/early fourth quarter of 2012.
Variety reported that Liman has traveled to Pittsburgh, where Cruise is filming "One Shot", to discuss the role with the actor. Though no formal deal has been signed, multiple sources revealed that the "Mission: Impossible" actor was pleased with the script, which is rewritten by Joby Harold.
"All You Need Is Kill" is set in the vein of "Groundhog Day". It follows a new recruit soldier who battles aliens in a war and finds himself caught in a time loop in which he wakes up in the past after having been killed on the battlefield. As the soldier's death and resurrection repeat, his skills as a soldier grow as he attempts to change his fate.
Cruise will soon be seen reprising his role as the IMF point man Ethan Hunt in "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol", which will open wide in the U.S. on December 21. His other upcoming films include Joseph Kosinski's sci-fi adventure "Horizons", and Adam Shankman's musical drama "Rock of Ages".
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off