Russell Brand Brushes Off Split Rumors: I Treat Internet Like It's a Wicked Little Liar
Russell Brand isn't letting his wife, Katy Perry, do all the damage control over their divorce rumors by herself. The Lonny Barnett of "Rock of Ages" dismissed claims that he and the "Firework" hitmaker are separating when stopping by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" for an interview to air Friday, December 2.
Clearing the air from the rumors, the 36-year-old said, "There are always rumors, aren't there?" He added, "In the end you have to just not engage with Internet technology, which is difficult because [of] a lot of the nude women websites I quite enjoy. But they've had to go. I've treated the whole Internet now like it's a wicked little liar. Yeah. I am really happily married."
During the Thursday, December 1 sit-down, Russell also admitted to host Ellen DeGeneres that he would love to have babies with Katy. Asked if he and his singer wife are going to have a family, the lead man of "Get Him to the Greek" replied, "I would like one. I love those little babies in the beginning."
Russell additionally shared his observations about babies. "At first they were boring," he said. "They were just essentially little fluid factories, generating fluids - no regard for what I was wearing. Now, they are interesting. They smile and look at me and wonder... I'm just observing them like I'm a scientist."
The comedian, who voiced Dr. Nefario in "Despicable Me", went on to reveal that he and Katy are godparents to two twin boys. "I can learn from them," he said of the 1-year-olds called Sam and Donovan. "Me and Katy are their godparents, which means we're responsible for their spiritual growth. Should be interesting."
Earlier, Katy made use of her Twitter account to slam swirling rumors that she and Russell are in the middle of a divorce process. "First I'm pregnant & then I'm divorced. What am I All My Children ?!" so she tweeted as referring to ABC's now-canceled soap opera.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses