Video: Jon Stewart and Brian Williams Poke Fun at Fire Alarm Incident
The annoying fire alarm that interrupted the Tuesday, November 29 broadcast of Brian Williams' "NBC Nightly News" provided a lot of jokes on the Wednesday episode of "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart". Jon Stewart mocked the anchor who persistently delivered the news despite the emergency announcements and told the viewers at home, "You'll forgive us, we have a fire alarm going off here in the studio."
"No I will not forgive you," Stewart commented after a clip of the incident from "Nightly News" was played on his satirical news program. "I do not tune in to the number one national newscast to have my current events interrupted with technical hijinks," he added before mocking Williams' reaction.
Stewart noted that Williams' irritation gradually surfaced, and at one point the journalist showed what Stewart called "I'm-going-to-...-kill-someone smile." The stand-up comedian went on citing Williams' fireman status in New Jersey, quipping, "Fire alarm goes off in the studio ... and your example to the kids is 'stay on prompter'? 'Hey kids, when faced with a fire, stop, drop and be handsome'."
But it was Williams who got the last laugh that night after he interrupted Stewart's "Daily Show" with a blaring bullhorn to show the host how annoying an alarm could be. Met at the backstage, Williams told Stewart, "You trying to do a show, Jon? Not so funny is it, funny man?" He then said he had to go and do his show which he called "addressing the nation."
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says