Michelle Trachtenberg Almost Played Bella in 'Twilight'
While Kristen Stewart is famously known as the Bella Swan in the "Twilight Saga" series, Michelle Trachtenberg once had a chance to land the now iconic role. The "Gossip Girl" star admitted that she was considered by director Catherine Hardwicke to play the heroine.
"There was definitely interest here and there because there's only so few pale girls in Hollywood," Trachtenberg opened up to Us Weekly at the opening of LOLA in New York City on Wednesday, November 30. "I've known Catherine Hardwicke since the movie 'Thirteen'," she added.
Asked what had hindered her from tackling the role of Bella in the film series, the 26-year-old actress explained, "I was actually supposed to star in that, but I was on 'Buffy' at the time." She said, "I guess schedules never worked out. I already have 'Buffy'. I've already done the vampire thing."
Trachtenberg, however, confessed that she doesn't want to speculate how her life would have changed if only she starred in the blockbuster movie series. She mused, "[Hypothetical answers mean] you're not living in the moment and you're looking negatively at what you're doing now."
Kristen Stewart plays the leading lady in the "Twilight Saga" film franchise opposite Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. The latest installment of the series, "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I", scores a big success since it was released in the U.S. on November 18. Its final film, "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II", will be dropped nationwide on November 16, 2012.
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer