Michelle Trachtenberg Almost Played Bella in 'Twilight'
While Kristen Stewart is famously known as the Bella Swan in the "Twilight Saga" series, Michelle Trachtenberg once had a chance to land the now iconic role. The "Gossip Girl" star admitted that she was considered by director Catherine Hardwicke to play the heroine.
"There was definitely interest here and there because there's only so few pale girls in Hollywood," Trachtenberg opened up to Us Weekly at the opening of LOLA in New York City on Wednesday, November 30. "I've known Catherine Hardwicke since the movie 'Thirteen'," she added.
Asked what had hindered her from tackling the role of Bella in the film series, the 26-year-old actress explained, "I was actually supposed to star in that, but I was on 'Buffy' at the time." She said, "I guess schedules never worked out. I already have 'Buffy'. I've already done the vampire thing."
Trachtenberg, however, confessed that she doesn't want to speculate how her life would have changed if only she starred in the blockbuster movie series. She mused, "[Hypothetical answers mean] you're not living in the moment and you're looking negatively at what you're doing now."
Kristen Stewart plays the leading lady in the "Twilight Saga" film franchise opposite Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. The latest installment of the series, "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I", scores a big success since it was released in the U.S. on November 18. Its final film, "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II", will be dropped nationwide on November 16, 2012.
More Twilight News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding