Kris Humphries Could Face Lawsuit Over Gay Slur, Annulment Papers Uncovered
More troubles might come in Kris Humphries' way. While the former New Jersey Nets power forward is still in the midst of a divorce drama with Kim Kardashian, Radar Online reported that Kim's friend, Jonathan Cheban, is considering to launch a lawsuit against the 26-year-old for calling him gay on "Kourtney and Kim Take New York".
Jonathan reportedly has consulted an attorney about serving Kris with a $5 million libel or defamation suit. One insider explained, "Jonathan was offended. He is not gay and Kris' comments were derogatory, a slur against his character and given it's being broadcast on a program that airs internationally, it has the potential to cause serious damage to Jonathan's reputation."
On Kris' beef with Jonathan, a production source dished, "There is a huge fight in the episode, between Jonathan and Kris. Kris repeats the slur, over and over again, so much so that Jonathan stops talking to Kris at one point, during the series." The source added, "Kris uses some seriously ugly and homophobic language."
In another news, Kris has responded to Kim's petition for divorce by filing for both a legal separation from his 72-day wife and a nullification of their union on Thursday, December 1. The documents of the dual filing have since made its way out via E! News, exposing that the NBA player is asking for an annulment on the ground of fraud.
In the papers filed in Los Angeles Superiort Court, Kris cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason he wants a separation. He also asked the court to not award Kim any spousal support and requested that the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star pays his legal fees. Additionally, he noted that property rights are to be determined.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation