Kris Humphries Could Face Lawsuit Over Gay Slur, Annulment Papers Uncovered
More troubles might come in Kris Humphries' way. While the former New Jersey Nets power forward is still in the midst of a divorce drama with Kim Kardashian, Radar Online reported that Kim's friend, Jonathan Cheban, is considering to launch a lawsuit against the 26-year-old for calling him gay on "Kourtney and Kim Take New York".
Jonathan reportedly has consulted an attorney about serving Kris with a $5 million libel or defamation suit. One insider explained, "Jonathan was offended. He is not gay and Kris' comments were derogatory, a slur against his character and given it's being broadcast on a program that airs internationally, it has the potential to cause serious damage to Jonathan's reputation."
On Kris' beef with Jonathan, a production source dished, "There is a huge fight in the episode, between Jonathan and Kris. Kris repeats the slur, over and over again, so much so that Jonathan stops talking to Kris at one point, during the series." The source added, "Kris uses some seriously ugly and homophobic language."
In another news, Kris has responded to Kim's petition for divorce by filing for both a legal separation from his 72-day wife and a nullification of their union on Thursday, December 1. The documents of the dual filing have since made its way out via E! News, exposing that the NBA player is asking for an annulment on the ground of fraud.
In the papers filed in Los Angeles Superiort Court, Kris cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason he wants a separation. He also asked the court to not award Kim any spousal support and requested that the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star pays his legal fees. Additionally, he noted that property rights are to be determined.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie