Dakota Fanning Keeps It Classy on 'Effie' Set in Venice
Dakota Fanning transformed into a classy lady on the set of her upcoming drama, "Effie". Splash News has shared some on-set pictures that feature the actress playing Jane Volturi in the "Twilight Saga" series donning a gorgeous period costume while shooting a scene with Italian actor Riccardo Scamarcio in Venice, Italy.
Clad in an elegant black and white gown complete with a red cape and a tiara, Fanning was spotted walking side-by-side with Scamarcio on the street of Venice. At one point, the two were seen holding each others' hands and playfully dancing together.
On Wednesday, November 30, Fanning was also seen filming a scene with English actor Greg Wise in the city. That day, she was spotted wearing a classic floral and lace embellished dress that is paired with a navy blue velour cape and matching bonnet.
Having to play young bride Effie in the period drama, Fanning recently admitted that it was an exciting experience. "I think actually in films I've done more adult things in other ones than I have in this one," she told the Associated Press.
"This is my first time being a wife and all of that, which is actually kind of exciting and very fun," the actress who ditched her blond locks and went brunette for the film added. "I get married in the movie. I had a wedding dress. I was kind of surreal."
Effie is a young woman who marries a man named Ruskin. Despite her beauty, Ruskin never consummates their marriage because he was disgusted with her body. After suffering through a loveless marriage, Effie falls in love with Ruskin's protege, painter John Everett Milias, and marries him.
Greg Wise plays Ruskin, while Tom Sturridge portrays Millias in "Effie". Providing the script is Greg's wife Emma Thompson, who also stars as Lady Eastlake, a woman who protects the suffering Effie. Richard Laxton, meanwhile, serves as the director of this drama.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video