First Look: Elijah Wood Brutally Stabs a Woman on 'Maniac' Set
Elijah Wood gets rid of his heroic Frodo image and becomes a psychopathic killer on the set of his upcoming film "Maniac". The 30-year-old actor has been caught on camera filming a brutal murder scene on the street in Los Angeles.
Rocking a black bomber jacket and denims, Wood was heartlessly attacking a woman with a knife. His victim was played by Genevieve Alexandra. The blond beauty was seen screaming and looking really terrified as Wood pushed her off the ground.
In "Maniac", Wood plays a serial killer who works at a shop that sells antique mannequins. He finds victims on the internet and stalks them like prey, all the while suffering from hallucinations that throw him back into the past when he was abused by his own mother. In his twisted mind, he gains a measure of revenge against his mother with each kill.
The slasher thriller is directed by Franck Khalfoun and is expected to open wide in U.S. theaters sometime in 2013. Joining Wood in the cast ensemble are Hank Azaria, Nora Arnezeder, Sal Landi dan Dan Hunter.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics