First Look: Elijah Wood Brutally Stabs a Woman on 'Maniac' Set
Elijah Wood gets rid of his heroic Frodo image and becomes a psychopathic killer on the set of his upcoming film "Maniac". The 30-year-old actor has been caught on camera filming a brutal murder scene on the street in Los Angeles.
Rocking a black bomber jacket and denims, Wood was heartlessly attacking a woman with a knife. His victim was played by Genevieve Alexandra. The blond beauty was seen screaming and looking really terrified as Wood pushed her off the ground.
In "Maniac", Wood plays a serial killer who works at a shop that sells antique mannequins. He finds victims on the internet and stalks them like prey, all the while suffering from hallucinations that throw him back into the past when he was abused by his own mother. In his twisted mind, he gains a measure of revenge against his mother with each kill.
The slasher thriller is directed by Franck Khalfoun and is expected to open wide in U.S. theaters sometime in 2013. Joining Wood in the cast ensemble are Hank Azaria, Nora Arnezeder, Sal Landi dan Dan Hunter.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'