First Look: Elijah Wood Brutally Stabs a Woman on 'Maniac' Set
Elijah Wood gets rid of his heroic Frodo image and becomes a psychopathic killer on the set of his upcoming film "Maniac". The 30-year-old actor has been caught on camera filming a brutal murder scene on the street in Los Angeles.
Rocking a black bomber jacket and denims, Wood was heartlessly attacking a woman with a knife. His victim was played by Genevieve Alexandra. The blond beauty was seen screaming and looking really terrified as Wood pushed her off the ground.
In "Maniac", Wood plays a serial killer who works at a shop that sells antique mannequins. He finds victims on the internet and stalks them like prey, all the while suffering from hallucinations that throw him back into the past when he was abused by his own mother. In his twisted mind, he gains a measure of revenge against his mother with each kill.
The slasher thriller is directed by Franck Khalfoun and is expected to open wide in U.S. theaters sometime in 2013. Joining Wood in the cast ensemble are Hank Azaria, Nora Arnezeder, Sal Landi dan Dan Hunter.
More Maniac News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump