First Look: Elijah Wood Brutally Stabs a Woman on 'Maniac' Set
Elijah Wood gets rid of his heroic Frodo image and becomes a psychopathic killer on the set of his upcoming film "Maniac". The 30-year-old actor has been caught on camera filming a brutal murder scene on the street in Los Angeles.
Rocking a black bomber jacket and denims, Wood was heartlessly attacking a woman with a knife. His victim was played by Genevieve Alexandra. The blond beauty was seen screaming and looking really terrified as Wood pushed her off the ground.
In "Maniac", Wood plays a serial killer who works at a shop that sells antique mannequins. He finds victims on the internet and stalks them like prey, all the while suffering from hallucinations that throw him back into the past when he was abused by his own mother. In his twisted mind, he gains a measure of revenge against his mother with each kill.
The slasher thriller is directed by Franck Khalfoun and is expected to open wide in U.S. theaters sometime in 2013. Joining Wood in the cast ensemble are Hank Azaria, Nora Arnezeder, Sal Landi dan Dan Hunter.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group