Michael Fassbender Eyed for 'Noah' After Christian Bale Turns It Down
Michael Fassbender could end up starring as prophet Noah in his upcoming movie. The 34-year-old actor has been eyed by director Darren Aronofsky to take the male lead role in his biblical epic "Noah". He was targeted for the role soon after Christian Bale turned down the offer to take the part.
According to Variety, there has been no official proposal made for Fassbender. Nonetheless, the actor has already discussed the role with the director. Should the German actor join the epic project, he is expected to begin shooting in the spring of 2012.
In addition to serving behind the lens for "Noah", Aronofsky pens the script along with "Skyfall" scribe John Logan. When announcing the project last October, Aronofsky admitted that he's been fantasizing about making a movie related to the devoted ark builder.
"Since I was a kid, I have been moved and inspired by the story of Noah and his family's journey," said the director. "The imaginations of countless generations have sparked to this epic story of faith. It's my hope that I can present a window into Noah's passion and perseverance for the silver screen."
As for Fassbender, the actor is set to star in some high-profile movies after starring as Magneto in "X-Men: First Class". He will be seen playing a sex addict in controversial drama "Shame", which will be released in limited U.S. theaters on December 2. His other upcoming films include "Haywire", "Prometheus" and "12 Years a Slave".
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'