Video: Lady GaGa Opens Grammy Nominations Concert 2011
The nomination concert for the upcoming 54th annual Grammy Awards kicks off with a live performance from Lady GaGa. The Mother Monster channels her inner demon by wearing skeleton face-paint, black bra and panties when delivering "Marry the Night".
Next, Nicki Minaj shows up on the stage of the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles to announce musicians who's competing for Record of the Year. The likes of Adele, Bon Iver, Bruno Mars, Mumford & Sons and Katy Perry are filling this category.
After The Band Perry take the stage to cater the crowd, Song of the Year nominees are revealed by actress Taraji P. Henson. Adele, Iver, Mars and Mumford are once again pitted against each other in the category which lists Kanye West as another contender.
Jason Aldean treats audience with country/Hip-Hop collaboration by joining forces with Ludacris in "Dirt Road Anthem". Afterwards, Mars appears on stage to mention Iver, the Band Perry, Minaj, J. Cole and Skillex as nominees for Best New Artist.
After star-studded tribute segments to Grandmaster Flash, Nick Ashford and Jerry Lieber, Perry appears before the crowd to read Album of the Year contenders. They are Adele's "21", Foo Fighters' "Wasting Light", GaGa's "Born This Way", Mars' "Doo - Wops & Hooligans", and Rihanna's "Loud".
The Band Perry:
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'