Video: Lady GaGa Opens Grammy Nominations Concert 2011
The nomination concert for the upcoming 54th annual Grammy Awards kicks off with a live performance from Lady GaGa. The Mother Monster channels her inner demon by wearing skeleton face-paint, black bra and panties when delivering "Marry the Night".
Next, Nicki Minaj shows up on the stage of the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles to announce musicians who's competing for Record of the Year. The likes of Adele, Bon Iver, Bruno Mars, Mumford & Sons and Katy Perry are filling this category.
After The Band Perry take the stage to cater the crowd, Song of the Year nominees are revealed by actress Taraji P. Henson. Adele, Iver, Mars and Mumford are once again pitted against each other in the category which lists Kanye West as another contender.
Jason Aldean treats audience with country/Hip-Hop collaboration by joining forces with Ludacris in "Dirt Road Anthem". Afterwards, Mars appears on stage to mention Iver, the Band Perry, Minaj, J. Cole and Skillex as nominees for Best New Artist.
After star-studded tribute segments to Grandmaster Flash, Nick Ashford and Jerry Lieber, Perry appears before the crowd to read Album of the Year contenders. They are Adele's "21", Foo Fighters' "Wasting Light", GaGa's "Born This Way", Mars' "Doo - Wops & Hooligans", and Rihanna's "Loud".
The Band Perry:
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby