Video: Lady GaGa Opens Grammy Nominations Concert 2011
The nomination concert for the upcoming 54th annual Grammy Awards kicks off with a live performance from Lady GaGa. The Mother Monster channels her inner demon by wearing skeleton face-paint, black bra and panties when delivering "Marry the Night".
Next, Nicki Minaj shows up on the stage of the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles to announce musicians who's competing for Record of the Year. The likes of Adele, Bon Iver, Bruno Mars, Mumford & Sons and Katy Perry are filling this category.
After The Band Perry take the stage to cater the crowd, Song of the Year nominees are revealed by actress Taraji P. Henson. Adele, Iver, Mars and Mumford are once again pitted against each other in the category which lists Kanye West as another contender.
Jason Aldean treats audience with country/Hip-Hop collaboration by joining forces with Ludacris in "Dirt Road Anthem". Afterwards, Mars appears on stage to mention Iver, the Band Perry, Minaj, J. Cole and Skillex as nominees for Best New Artist.
After star-studded tribute segments to Grandmaster Flash, Nick Ashford and Jerry Lieber, Perry appears before the crowd to read Album of the Year contenders. They are Adele's "21", Foo Fighters' "Wasting Light", GaGa's "Born This Way", Mars' "Doo - Wops & Hooligans", and Rihanna's "Loud".
The Band Perry:
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie