Video: Lady GaGa Opens Grammy Nominations Concert 2011
The nomination concert for the upcoming 54th annual Grammy Awards kicks off with a live performance from Lady GaGa. The Mother Monster channels her inner demon by wearing skeleton face-paint, black bra and panties when delivering "Marry the Night".
Next, Nicki Minaj shows up on the stage of the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles to announce musicians who's competing for Record of the Year. The likes of Adele, Bon Iver, Bruno Mars, Mumford & Sons and Katy Perry are filling this category.
After The Band Perry take the stage to cater the crowd, Song of the Year nominees are revealed by actress Taraji P. Henson. Adele, Iver, Mars and Mumford are once again pitted against each other in the category which lists Kanye West as another contender.
Jason Aldean treats audience with country/Hip-Hop collaboration by joining forces with Ludacris in "Dirt Road Anthem". Afterwards, Mars appears on stage to mention Iver, the Band Perry, Minaj, J. Cole and Skillex as nominees for Best New Artist.
After star-studded tribute segments to Grandmaster Flash, Nick Ashford and Jerry Lieber, Perry appears before the crowd to read Album of the Year contenders. They are Adele's "21", Foo Fighters' "Wasting Light", GaGa's "Born This Way", Mars' "Doo - Wops & Hooligans", and Rihanna's "Loud".
The Band Perry:
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'