J.J. Abrams Picks Alice Eve to Play New Character in 'Star Trek' Sequel
"Stark Trek 2" has added a new actress to its cast ensemble. Variety reported that J.J. Abrams has chosen "Sex and the City 2" actress Alice Eve to star in the much awaited sci-fi movie. No deal has been signed, but it is said that Paramount Pictures will make it soon.
Instead of playing a character that fans have already been familiar with, the 29-year-old blond actress reportedly will play an all-new character in the sequel. Details of the character, however, are still kept under tight wraps.
Eve has been chosen from several other actresses who were also vying for the part. They included "I Am Number Four" actress Teresa Palmer, and "Captain America: the First Avenger" star Hayley Atwell.
In related news, a new detail of Benicio Del Toro's villainous role in the untitled Star Trek sequel has possibly been unveiled. Multiple insiders said that the actor "will be playing someone familiar to Trekkies."
In the meantime, Abrams has one more major role left to cast. The role is said to be another villain, who is described as "someone who's older and in more of a supporting character to Del Toro."
The production of "Star Trek 2" is expected to kick off in early 2012 as the film is scheduled to open wide in U.S. theaters on May 17, 2013. The sci-fi movie will be shot in 3D, though Abrams previously insisted that he didn't consider about making the film in 3D.
The upcoming movie will bring back Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana as James T. Kirk, Spcok and Nyota Uhura respectively. They are joined by Simon Pegg as Scotty, Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov, Karl Urban as Bones, and John Cho as Hikaru Sulu.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding