Jeremy Renner Weighs In on Possible Solo Movie for Hawkeye
After playing Hawkeye in both "Thor" and "The Avengers", Jeremy Renner recently shared about the possibility of a solo movie for the character. In an interview with Collider, the 40-year-old actor admitted that there are many variables to be considered before making a Hawkeye film.
"I don't know. There are a lot of variables in that one. Would they want to make one? What would it be about? There are a lot of things," Renner insisted. "I suppose, if they all align, then it could be interesting 'cause I certainly like the character. But, I don't know what the future holds."
During the chat, he also talked about his character development from being a small part in "Thor" to having a bigger role in "Avengers". He said, "It's actually difficult because there's not a lot to do. In 'Thor', I had to just stand in a bucket and hold my bow and narrow. What's the character? I have no idea."
"I was thrown into that very quickly, so it was like, 'Am I trapping myself?' It's like a little strange," he continued. "I don't know if it's a good thing. I don't think I'd go about it, normally, that way. It's certainly a different way to go about taking on a role."
On how he feels about starring in big ensemble movie like "Avengers", the California-born actor said, "It's great. It's an amazing cast, and I wish I got to do more with them. But, I had fun with the people I did get to work with."
In "The Avengers", Renner is joined by Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth who reprise their roles as Captain America, Iron Man and Thor respectively. Also rounding up the cast ensemble are Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. The film will open wide in the U.S. on May 4, 2012.
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'