'True Blood': Christopher Meloni In Talks for Major Role
Christopher Meloni may be a bloodsucker when he returns on the small screen. The 50-year-old, who left "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" earlier this year after more than 10 years, is said to be in talks with HBO for a major role in "True Blood" season 5.
Sources tell TVLine that the Elliot Stabler of the long-running NBC law series is circling the role of an incredibly powerful vampire. A representative for the cable network, however, refuses to release any comment regarding what could be a big casting scoop for the horror series.
Should Meloni's casting on "True Blood" be true, it would mark his first major TV gig since his departure from the "Law & Order" spin-off. The former "Oz" actor has landed a big screen role in upcoming superhero movie "Man of Steel".
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism