Daniel Craig Criticizes the Kardashians for Behaving Like 'F***ing Idiot' on TV
Daniel Craig is clearly not a fan of celebrities who sell their lives for television. The Mikael Blomkvist of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" has openly criticized Kim Kardashian and her famous family for making millions from flaunting their private lives in front of the public eye, branding them "f***ing idiots".
In the January 2012 edition of British GQ, the 43-year-old actor shared his thought over keeping one's private life private. "I think there's a lot to be said for keeping your own counsel," he said. "It's not about being afraid to be public with your emotions or about who you are and what you stand for. But if you sell it off it's gone."
"You can't buy it back - you can't buy your privacy back. Ooh I want to be alone. F*** you," the actor, who managed to keep his romance with Rachel Weisz under the radar, elaborated. "We've been in your living room. We were at your birth. You filmed it for us and showed us the placenta and now you want some privacy?"
The James Bond star then threw the Kardashians as example. "Look at the Kardashians, they're worth millions," he said. "I don't think they were that badly off to begin with but now look at them. You see that and you think, 'What, you mean all I have to do is behave like a f***ing idiot on television and then you'll pay me millions.' I'm not judging it - well, I am obviously."
On keeping his wedding to Rachel out of the spotlight, Daniel commented, "We got away with it. We did it privately and I've got a lot of people to thank for that. But that was the point, we did it for private reasons. Because we didn't want it f*****d up, because that would be sharing a secret. And the whole point is that it was a secret. A secret is a secret in my mind."
The "Dream House" actor, however, refused to divulge into details. "Look, I'm in love. I'm very happy," he stressed. "And that is as far as I'm prepared to go. Life is long, life goes wrong and I don't want to say something now that might be thrown back later."
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons