Daniel Radcliffe May Play Gay Poet Allen Ginsberg in 'Kill Your Darlings'
Daniel Radcliffe may ditch his "Harry Potter" wizard boy persona to become a homosexual in his next movie. After recently admitting to French Press that he would love to play a gay character, it is now said that the English actor has secured a role in "Kill Your Darlings".
Twitch has learned that Radcliffe is likely to star as Allen Ginsberg, a famed Beat Generation poet who is also a gay activist, in the John Krokidas-directed thriller. He reportedly will come to work on it after wrapping up his Broadway stint "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying".
"Kill Your Darlings" is based on the true event in 1944 about the murder case that helped spawn the Beat Generation in 1950s. It follows Ginsberg's relationship with Lucien Carr and Jack Kerouac. Carr is the one who introduces Ginsberg to Keonuac and fellow Beat poet William S. Burroughs. He is also the one who stabbed his lover David Kammerer to death in a drunken fight in 1944.
The film was first announced in 2009. Jesse Eisenberg was originally tapped to star as Ginsberg before he bowed out the project. Meanwhile, Chris Evans and Ben Whishaw were cast to play Kerouac and Carr respectively. However, it is unclear whether or not the two stars are still attached to the film.
As for Radcliffe, the 22-year-old actor will be seen playing young lawyer Arthur Kipps in upcoming supernatural thriller film "The Woman in Black". The movie will open in U.S. theaters on February 3, 2012.
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!