Daniel Radcliffe May Play Gay Poet Allen Ginsberg in 'Kill Your Darlings'
Daniel Radcliffe may ditch his "Harry Potter" wizard boy persona to become a homosexual in his next movie. After recently admitting to French Press that he would love to play a gay character, it is now said that the English actor has secured a role in "Kill Your Darlings".
Twitch has learned that Radcliffe is likely to star as Allen Ginsberg, a famed Beat Generation poet who is also a gay activist, in the John Krokidas-directed thriller. He reportedly will come to work on it after wrapping up his Broadway stint "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying".
"Kill Your Darlings" is based on the true event in 1944 about the murder case that helped spawn the Beat Generation in 1950s. It follows Ginsberg's relationship with Lucien Carr and Jack Kerouac. Carr is the one who introduces Ginsberg to Keonuac and fellow Beat poet William S. Burroughs. He is also the one who stabbed his lover David Kammerer to death in a drunken fight in 1944.
The film was first announced in 2009. Jesse Eisenberg was originally tapped to star as Ginsberg before he bowed out the project. Meanwhile, Chris Evans and Ben Whishaw were cast to play Kerouac and Carr respectively. However, it is unclear whether or not the two stars are still attached to the film.
As for Radcliffe, the 22-year-old actor will be seen playing young lawyer Arthur Kipps in upcoming supernatural thriller film "The Woman in Black". The movie will open in U.S. theaters on February 3, 2012.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App