'Pan Am' to End Production After 14 Episodes, but Not Canceled
"Pan Am" will have a short freshman season. Following speculations on the show's fate, it has been officially announced that the period drama series will end production after completing the 14th episode in early 2012, but is not canceled yet.
Earlier on Tuesday, November 29, one of the show's stars, Karine Vanasse, tweeted that the cast and crew just received the call that "Pan Am" is "only coming back for one more episode after Christmas." While her tweet sparked the buzz that the rookie series has met its dead end, ABC denied it.
"No, this is not correct," so a representative for ABC said in response to the rumor. "Nothing has changed. We are not canceling 'Pan Am'. We are still in production and will continue to be in production finishing the original 13 episodes plus one more additional one."
"We have one more original episode this coming week, December 4 and then will return in January with new episodes, airing all of them," the rep elaborated. Claiming that "Pan Am" is still in contention for next season, the rep added that the network's decision on the show will be revealed during its upfront announcement in May.
Vanasse later clarified her initial statement, writing in another tweet, "Sorry for the confusion #PanAm fans; there are still 5 new episodes to air until February."
Insiders additionally told E! Online that ABC's bosses still have hopes for "Pan Am", but they simply have "too many good shows" right now so that the Christina Ricci-starring series gets a shortened season. Still, it is likely that the show returns next fall or late summer.
Starting March 4, 2012, "Pan Am" will be replaced by new comedy "GCB" (previously known as "Good Christian Belles") on the Sunday, 10 P.M. slot.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences