Comedian Patrice O'Neal Passes Away at 41
Comedian Patrice O'Neal has passed away at the age of 41. News of his death was confirmed by "Opie and Anthony" co-host Gregg Hughes on Twitter. "Yes it's true that our pal Patrice O'Neal has passed away. The funniest and best thinker i've ever known PERIOD. #devastated," Hughes tweeted.
Hughes then posted a video of O'Neal's guest appearance on the radio show back in 2009, writing "Patrice O'Neal Greatest Laugh EVER". O'Neal was a regular guest on the radio show. It was not explained how O'Neal died, but he suffered a stroke back in October.
Condolences from fellow celebrity start pouring in on Twitter. Will Ferrell tweeted, "RIP Patrice O'Neal. Tough to see a great comedian pass away so young. RT to help get it trending." Vinny Guadagnino of "Jersey Shore" tweeted, "RIP Patrice O'neal..You were one of the best".
O'Neal was one of those participating in "Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen" in September.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance