Victoria Beckham Scores First Win at British Fashion Awards 2011
Victoria Adams has got the ultimate recognition from the fashion world. On Monday, November 28, night, the singer-turned-fashion designer wife of David Beckham won her first award at the 2011 British Fashion Awards. She collected the kudo for Designer Brand of the Year, beating the likes of Tom Ford, Burberry and Stella McCartney.
Upon receiving the prize, the former Spice Girls member said, "I would like to thank the British fashion industry for your support." She went on to thank Simon Fuller, her parents, her children and her husband David. "Without him I wouldn't have had the courage to do what I am doing," she added in her speech.
Hilary Alexander, The Daily Telegraph's fashion director, tweeted that Victoria was close to tears when accepting the award. "VB almost in tears as she accepts Designer Brand Award at British Fashion Awards from Marc Jacobs," so the journalist wrote. The 37-year-old fashionista herself wrote, "We won!! Thank u so much to my amazing VB team!!!! Designer Brand of the Year at the British Fashion awards! X VB."
Victoria's husband, David, also shared her victory by writing on his Facebook wall, "The boys and I are incredibly proud of Victoria after winning a prestigious British Fashion Award tonight." He added, "She has worked so hard and deserves all the recognition. It's amazing what she has achieved tonight, very special."
The biggest win of the night, however, went to designer Sarah Burton. During a ceremony taking place at the Savoy Hotel in London, the creator of Kate Middleton's wedding gown was presented with Designer of the Year prize for her work at fashion brand Alexander McQueen.
Winners of the 2011 British Fashion Awards:
- Designer of the Year: Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen
- Designer Brand: Victoria Adams
- New Establishment Award: Christopher Kane
- Menswear Designer: Kim Jones
- Accessory Designer: Charlotte Olympia
- Red Carpet Award: Stella McCartney
- Emerging Talent Award, Ready-to-Wear: Mary Katrantzou
- Emerging Talent Award, Menswear: Christopher Raeburn
- Emerging Talent Award, Accessories: Tabitha Simmons
- Model: Stella Tennant
- BFC Outstanding Achievement: Paul Smith
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator: Charlotte Gainsbury
- British Style Award: Alexa Chung
More Victoria Adams News
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection
- Rob Kardashian Fights With Blac Chyna, Deletes All Signs of Her on Instagram
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures