Mother of Michael Jackson's Doctor Pleads for Leniency in Sentencing
As Conrad Murray stares down possibility of spending the next four year in jail for the involuntary manslaughter of Michael Jackson, his mother is begging the judge in charge of the case for mercy. In an effort to have her son avoiding prison sentence, Milta Rush has sent a letter to Judge Michael Pastor.
Milta wrote in the letter, obtained by TMZ, that her only son "has never been in trouble with the law before and I am barely standing, scared and worried sick about him being incarcerated." She added, "He is saddened and remorseful about the death of his friend Michael Jackson and I do believe he is certainly learning the toughest lesson of his life."
Milta also expressed sympathy to MJ's mother Katherine. "I feel her pain for having lost her son," she said. "I sense she was very close to her son. I really wanted to approach her personally and tell her I am sorry for the loss of her son but I was unsure if she would be receptive, and I did not want to take the chance of violating the courts rules. I am sorry for her loss."
In the end, Milta noted, "Judge Pastor, Conrad, is my son and as a mother I must say I know him inside out. He is sorry for what happened to Michael and had no intent towards him. I humbly beg for your heart felt consideration of everything I have said about Conrad, and ask for your compassion and leniency in giving him probation or community service."
Conrad will return to court at 8 A.M. on Tuesday, November 29 for his sentencing. Three weeks earlier, he was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the June 2009 death of MJ, sending the King of Pop's family to be rejoicing over the conviction. He has since been held without bail.
On Tuesday, MJ's family will be present in court for the sentencing. The "Thriller" hitmaker's mother Katherine recently shared her hope that Conrad will get the harshest sentence possible, four years in a state prison. Speaking to CNN on Monday, November 28, she added, "I don't believe that he intended for Michael to die. He was just taking a chance."
More Michael Jackson News
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money