Red Hot Chili Peppers Announce First Tour Since Hiatus
Red Hot Chili Peppers are coming back on the road next year to support their comeback album "I'm With You". The West Coast band fronted by Anthony Kiedis announce that they will embark on a world tour and launch it with a North American leg starting January 2012.
Six dates of the upcoming tour have been officially revealed. Tickets for the confirmed shows are going to be made available for purchase beginning December 3. The other shows will be announced in the coming weeks along with info about ticket on-sale dates.
The band last toured in 2007 to promote their album "Stadium Arcadium". They kicked it off in February 2006 and stayed on the road until summer the following year. After wrapping up the gig, they took a break which led to John Frusciante's new solo album release and departure.
After four years in hiatus, Red Hot Chili Peppers returned last summer by dropping "I'm With You". Led by single "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie", the CD debuted at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 and entered the first spot on the U.K. Album chart.
Although the upcoming tour will be their first jaunt since hiatus, the band actually had held a handful of warm-up dates. Just before the album release, they played a secret show on the lawn outside the Henry Miller Memorial Library in Big Sur, CA. They followed it up with other gigs including Japan's Summer Sonic fest.
- Jan 25 - Charlotte, NC at Time Warner Cable Arena
- Jan 27 - Raleigh, NC at RBC Center
- Jan 28 - Columbia, SC at Colonial Life Arena
- Jan 30 - Duluth, GA at Gwinnett Arena
- Jan 31 - Greensboro, NC at Greensboro Coliseum
- Feb 03 - Memphis, TN at FedEx Forum
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says