Roy Lee Teases Possibility of 'Poltergeist' Remake Coming in 2012
2012 may be the year for the long-rumored "Poltergeist" remake to pick up its momentum. Roy Lee, the producer behind "The Ring" and "The Grudge", dropped a tidbit about the potential project when met on the Los Angeles set of Takashi Shimizu's new film, "7500".
While refusing to say if he is attached to "The Storm" remake, the co-owner of Vertigo Entertainment told a group of reporters, "I'd say the one I'm most excited about updating is the 'Poltergeist' reboot." He added, "That is probably something...hopefully next year that somebody will be able to accomplish," before saying that he is in talks to produce it for MGM.
During the chat, Roy also offered updates on potential reboots for "The Grudge" and "The Ring". Of the former, he said, "We are looking to do a new version of 'The Grudge' but we haven't decided on exactly what it will be. We've just put it out to the film community that we are hearing takes from writers on what they could bring to the table on what their thoughts are on a new version of 'The Grudge'."
The producer also stated that the same goes for "The Ring 3". Asked whether he is looking to continue the story or start something new with the movie, he replied, "It's the same thing with 'The Grudge' where we're hearing takes and actually having a script written just to see if it works in terms of trying to restart a 'Ring' franchise."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'