Roy Lee Teases Possibility of 'Poltergeist' Remake Coming in 2012
2012 may be the year for the long-rumored "Poltergeist" remake to pick up its momentum. Roy Lee, the producer behind "The Ring" and "The Grudge", dropped a tidbit about the potential project when met on the Los Angeles set of Takashi Shimizu's new film, "7500".
While refusing to say if he is attached to "The Storm" remake, the co-owner of Vertigo Entertainment told a group of reporters, "I'd say the one I'm most excited about updating is the 'Poltergeist' reboot." He added, "That is probably something...hopefully next year that somebody will be able to accomplish," before saying that he is in talks to produce it for MGM.
During the chat, Roy also offered updates on potential reboots for "The Grudge" and "The Ring". Of the former, he said, "We are looking to do a new version of 'The Grudge' but we haven't decided on exactly what it will be. We've just put it out to the film community that we are hearing takes from writers on what they could bring to the table on what their thoughts are on a new version of 'The Grudge'."
The producer also stated that the same goes for "The Ring 3". Asked whether he is looking to continue the story or start something new with the movie, he replied, "It's the same thing with 'The Grudge' where we're hearing takes and actually having a script written just to see if it works in terms of trying to restart a 'Ring' franchise."
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money