Lindsey Vonn Divorcing Husband of Four Years
On Sunday, November 27, Olympic gold medalist skier Lindsey Vonn delivered a bad news about her marriage to Thomas Vonn. The couple, who has been married for four years, is in the middle of divorce process.
"It is with great sadness that I announce that Thomas and I have begun divorce proceedings," she said in a statement. "This is an extremely difficult time in my personal life and I hope the media and my fans can respect my need for privacy on this matter. I will continue to be coached by the US Ski Team and look forward to competing the rest of the season."
Meanwhile, Thomas who serves as Lindsey's adviser, confirmed to The Associated Press via an e-mail that he filed for the divorce last Monday.
Thomas is a former U.S. Ski Team member who opened a rift between Lindsey and her father when they started dating. Beside nine years older than Lindsey, he later replaced her father's position as her adviser and tutor. Thomas married Lindsey on September 29, 2007.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences