Lindsey Vonn Divorcing Husband of Four Years
On Sunday, November 27, Olympic gold medalist skier Lindsey Vonn delivered a bad news about her marriage to Thomas Vonn. The couple, who has been married for four years, is in the middle of divorce process.
"It is with great sadness that I announce that Thomas and I have begun divorce proceedings," she said in a statement. "This is an extremely difficult time in my personal life and I hope the media and my fans can respect my need for privacy on this matter. I will continue to be coached by the US Ski Team and look forward to competing the rest of the season."
Meanwhile, Thomas who serves as Lindsey's adviser, confirmed to The Associated Press via an e-mail that he filed for the divorce last Monday.
Thomas is a former U.S. Ski Team member who opened a rift between Lindsey and her father when they started dating. Beside nine years older than Lindsey, he later replaced her father's position as her adviser and tutor. Thomas married Lindsey on September 29, 2007.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle