Lindsey Vonn Divorcing Husband of Four Years
On Sunday, November 27, Olympic gold medalist skier Lindsey Vonn delivered a bad news about her marriage to Thomas Vonn. The couple, who has been married for four years, is in the middle of divorce process.
"It is with great sadness that I announce that Thomas and I have begun divorce proceedings," she said in a statement. "This is an extremely difficult time in my personal life and I hope the media and my fans can respect my need for privacy on this matter. I will continue to be coached by the US Ski Team and look forward to competing the rest of the season."
Meanwhile, Thomas who serves as Lindsey's adviser, confirmed to The Associated Press via an e-mail that he filed for the divorce last Monday.
Thomas is a former U.S. Ski Team member who opened a rift between Lindsey and her father when they started dating. Beside nine years older than Lindsey, he later replaced her father's position as her adviser and tutor. Thomas married Lindsey on September 29, 2007.
More Lindsey Vonn News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'