Charlize Theron: I Got Bullied at School for Being a Nerd
Even Charlize Theron couldn't escape being bullied by her peers at school. Sharing memories of her younger years, the "Young Adult" star opened up to PEOPLE, "I actually got a lot of the mean girl stuff from the ages of 7 to 12. I was pretty much a mess in primary school."
"But I got that out of my system by the time I got to high school and was more immune to all of that stuff," the 36-year-old actress added. She was still unable to find herself any boyfriend though. "I didn't have any boyfriends, but lots of crushes," she confessed. "I wore really nerdy glasses because I was blind as could be and the boys didn't like [me]."
During the chat, the actress who won an Oscar for her role in "Monster" also admitted that she did "crazy things" just to be part of the in-crowd. "I wasn't in the popular crowd. There was a really popular girl at school and I was obsessed with her. I mean you would go to jail for that stuff today," she said. "I was in tears one day because I couldn't sit next to her."
More Charlize Theron News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris