Charlize Theron: I Got Bullied at School for Being a Nerd
Even Charlize Theron couldn't escape being bullied by her peers at school. Sharing memories of her younger years, the "Young Adult" star opened up to PEOPLE, "I actually got a lot of the mean girl stuff from the ages of 7 to 12. I was pretty much a mess in primary school."
"But I got that out of my system by the time I got to high school and was more immune to all of that stuff," the 36-year-old actress added. She was still unable to find herself any boyfriend though. "I didn't have any boyfriends, but lots of crushes," she confessed. "I wore really nerdy glasses because I was blind as could be and the boys didn't like [me]."
During the chat, the actress who won an Oscar for her role in "Monster" also admitted that she did "crazy things" just to be part of the in-crowd. "I wasn't in the popular crowd. There was a really popular girl at school and I was obsessed with her. I mean you would go to jail for that stuff today," she said. "I was in tears one day because I couldn't sit next to her."
More Charlize Theron News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen