Charlize Theron: I Got Bullied at School for Being a Nerd
Even Charlize Theron couldn't escape being bullied by her peers at school. Sharing memories of her younger years, the "Young Adult" star opened up to PEOPLE, "I actually got a lot of the mean girl stuff from the ages of 7 to 12. I was pretty much a mess in primary school."
"But I got that out of my system by the time I got to high school and was more immune to all of that stuff," the 36-year-old actress added. She was still unable to find herself any boyfriend though. "I didn't have any boyfriends, but lots of crushes," she confessed. "I wore really nerdy glasses because I was blind as could be and the boys didn't like [me]."
During the chat, the actress who won an Oscar for her role in "Monster" also admitted that she did "crazy things" just to be part of the in-crowd. "I wasn't in the popular crowd. There was a really popular girl at school and I was obsessed with her. I mean you would go to jail for that stuff today," she said. "I was in tears one day because I couldn't sit next to her."
More Charlize Theron News
- Pregnant Again! 'Teen Mom' Star Kailyn Lowry Reveals She Is Expecting Third Child
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party