Charlize Theron: I Got Bullied at School for Being a Nerd
Even Charlize Theron couldn't escape being bullied by her peers at school. Sharing memories of her younger years, the "Young Adult" star opened up to PEOPLE, "I actually got a lot of the mean girl stuff from the ages of 7 to 12. I was pretty much a mess in primary school."
"But I got that out of my system by the time I got to high school and was more immune to all of that stuff," the 36-year-old actress added. She was still unable to find herself any boyfriend though. "I didn't have any boyfriends, but lots of crushes," she confessed. "I wore really nerdy glasses because I was blind as could be and the boys didn't like [me]."
During the chat, the actress who won an Oscar for her role in "Monster" also admitted that she did "crazy things" just to be part of the in-crowd. "I wasn't in the popular crowd. There was a really popular girl at school and I was obsessed with her. I mean you would go to jail for that stuff today," she said. "I was in tears one day because I couldn't sit next to her."
More Charlize Theron News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers