Charlize Theron: I Got Bullied at School for Being a Nerd
Even Charlize Theron couldn't escape being bullied by her peers at school. Sharing memories of her younger years, the "Young Adult" star opened up to PEOPLE, "I actually got a lot of the mean girl stuff from the ages of 7 to 12. I was pretty much a mess in primary school."
"But I got that out of my system by the time I got to high school and was more immune to all of that stuff," the 36-year-old actress added. She was still unable to find herself any boyfriend though. "I didn't have any boyfriends, but lots of crushes," she confessed. "I wore really nerdy glasses because I was blind as could be and the boys didn't like [me]."
During the chat, the actress who won an Oscar for her role in "Monster" also admitted that she did "crazy things" just to be part of the in-crowd. "I wasn't in the popular crowd. There was a really popular girl at school and I was obsessed with her. I mean you would go to jail for that stuff today," she said. "I was in tears one day because I couldn't sit next to her."
More Charlize Theron News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy