Angelina Jolie Reveals Her Dream of Being Funeral Director
Angelina Jolie once thought of making funeral service her career. During an interview on "60 Minutes" that was aired on Sunday, November 27 night, the "Kung Fu Panda 2" actress told interviewer Bob Simon that the death of her grandfather inspired her to be a funeral director.
"It sounds like this very strange, eccentric, dark thing to do but in fact I lost my grandfather and was very upset with his funeral," the 36-year-old beauty shared. "How somebody passes and how family deals with this passing and what death is should be addressed in a different way. If this whole acting thing didn't work out that was going to be my path."
Aside from revealing her backup plan, Angie also talked about her late mother Marcheline Bertrand. "My mother was a full-time mother. She didn't have much of her own career, her own life, her own experiences ... everything was for her children," she said while holding back her tears.
"I will never be as good a mother as she was. She was just grace incarnate. She was the most generous, loving - she's better than me," the actress, who is making her directorial debut in "In the Land of Blood and Honey", claimed. She additionally admitted that talking about her mother is her "soft spot".
During the chat, the longtime partner of Brad Pitt also addressed negative tabloid stories. "I don't see those things," she told Bob. "I don't know who they are but I assume they're not me. They're not who I am. They're not what I spend my day caring about. I find them quite shallow and often quite wrong."
More Angelina Jolie News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'