Miley Cyrus Calls Herself a Stoner, Kelly Osbourne Insists It Was a Joke
Teen star Miley Cyrus is staring down another scandal. When presented with a cake featuring the face of reggae icon Bob Marley at her 19th birthday party at the Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles recently, the former "Hannah Montana" actress was caught on camera seemingly admitting to bragging about smoking marijuana.
In a video obtained by The Daily, the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus says of the cake, "This is amazing." She then adds, "You know you're a stoner when your friends make you a Bob Marley cake. You know you smoke way too much f***ing weed," prompting friend Kelly Osbourne to say, "I thought salvia was your problem, Miley."
As soon as the story made headlines, Kelly came in defense of Miley. "let me make something very clear after @MileyCyrus salvia incident we started calling her bob miley as a JOKE!" she clarified through Twitter. "the cake was also A JOKE! it makes me sick that @MileyCyrus so called 'friends' would sell her out and lead people 2 believe she is someone that she is not!"
Kelly followed it up with a tweet that read, "u guys if @MileyCyrus is not recording/filming/touring she is works everyday how could she possible do all that if she was a stoner! #think." Hours later, she posted another tweet, "oh for god sake are we really still talking about this what i meant by the #think tweet is everyone would know you cant hide being wasted!"
This is not the first time Miley was hit with such scandal. Just days after she celebrated her 18th birthday, a video of the "So Undercover" actress smoking psychoactive plant Salvia made its way out via TMZ. Months later, she apologized and told Marie Claire magazine, "It was a bad decision, because of my fans and because of what I stand for."
UPDATE November 28, 2011 07:51:39 A.M. GMT: A spokeswoman for Miley Cyrus has also come in defense of the teen star for the smoking marijuana remark she made during her birthday bash. To E! News, her rep stated, "It's all been taken out of context. The cake was a joke and Miley's response was intended to be sarcastic."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival