Lady GaGa Sent Teen Fan a Video of Thank You
Jacques St. Pierre, a teen in Toronto got lucky that his letter was read by Lady GaGa and received appreciation on national scale. The singer sent the unsuspecting 17-year-old an e-mail and video to congratulate him on the effort to fight bullying and "spread tolerance and equality for all students" in his school.
"I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you for being such a strong advocate of the LGBT community in your school," GaGa said in the video. "There should be more little monsters like you. My father always saves all the fan letters that I receive and I read yours very recently and wanted to send this video to you. It is important that we push the boundaries of love and acceptance. It is important that we spread tolerance and equality for all students."
GaGa also referred back to the tragic death of Jamey Rodermeyer, a 14-year-old who committed suicide after becoming bullying victim in his school. "I'm going to be working as hard as I can to make bullying a hate crime. ...Love each other, treat each other with kindness because we're all we've got," she said.
St. Pierre described how he found out that a pop star has sent him an e-mail, telling CBC, "The subject line said 'To Jacques from Lady GaGa. It said 'click on the link below to download the video for your assembly.' So no questions asked, Lady GaGa sent us a video. I watched it, and I started crying. I'm a huge fan. It's kind of embarrassing because I love her so much. I couldn't believe it."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna