Lady GaGa Sent Teen Fan a Video of Thank You
Jacques St. Pierre, a teen in Toronto got lucky that his letter was read by Lady GaGa and received appreciation on national scale. The singer sent the unsuspecting 17-year-old an e-mail and video to congratulate him on the effort to fight bullying and "spread tolerance and equality for all students" in his school.
"I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you for being such a strong advocate of the LGBT community in your school," GaGa said in the video. "There should be more little monsters like you. My father always saves all the fan letters that I receive and I read yours very recently and wanted to send this video to you. It is important that we push the boundaries of love and acceptance. It is important that we spread tolerance and equality for all students."
GaGa also referred back to the tragic death of Jamey Rodermeyer, a 14-year-old who committed suicide after becoming bullying victim in his school. "I'm going to be working as hard as I can to make bullying a hate crime. ...Love each other, treat each other with kindness because we're all we've got," she said.
St. Pierre described how he found out that a pop star has sent him an e-mail, telling CBC, "The subject line said 'To Jacques from Lady GaGa. It said 'click on the link below to download the video for your assembly.' So no questions asked, Lady GaGa sent us a video. I watched it, and I started crying. I'm a huge fan. It's kind of embarrassing because I love her so much. I couldn't believe it."
More Lady GaGa News
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks