'Being Chaz' Promos See the Proposal and the Drama Behind 'DWTS' Gig
Two sneak peeks for OWN special "Being Chaz" have made their way out via People.com, highlighting both the good time and the bad time in the life of Chaz Bono and Jennifer Elia. The transgender son of Cher is featured proposing to his now fiancee Jennifer in one of the videos.
"It's gorgeous. Thank you so much," says Jennifer when Chaz presents her with an engagement ring, which he refers to as a "birthday present", in Seattle. "It's stunning. It's huge," she adds before the two share a hug and a kiss.
In another clip, Jennifer gets tearful as she shares her fear after Chaz faced a backlash for joining "Dancing with the Stars". "This is insane. It's not worth doing a show if you're going to get shot. People feel so angry that Chaz is entering their television. People who make change get shot,... and I don't think that's worth it." She adds, "I don't want him to die for a cause."
"Being Chaz" is a follow-up to Emmy-nominated documentary "Becoming Chaz" which focuses on his gender transition. The upcoming one-hour special focuses on the couple after Chaz underwent a gender transition from a woman to a man.
Its premiere is scheduled on Sunday, November 27 at 8 P.M. on OWN, followed by "I Am Jazz: A Family in Transition" which revolves around Jazz, who is facing a big life decision that will affect the 11-year-old's gender identity when puberty hits.
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'