'The Big Bang Theory' Is Most-Watched Program on Thanksgiving Night
On the night when TV networks aired specials to celebrate Thanksgiving, "The Big Bang Theory" was still the most-watched program. Repeat of the CBS sitcom ruled on Thursday evening, November 24 with 11.2 million viewers and 3.6 rating in adults 18-49 demographic.
Despite the lack of special programs, the Eye won the night with an average of 8.4 million viewers and 2.1 rating. The network's schedule was filled with reruns of its other hit shows such as "Rules of Engagement" (7.9 million, 2.4), "Person of Interest" (8 million, 1.7), and "The Mentalist" (7.8 million, 1.5).
ABC was placed second in term of total viewers with 5.4 million audience and 1.6 rating. The network had two Thanksgiving specials that night, "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and "A Very Gaga Thanksgiving". The former drew slightly more viewers than the latter with 5.7 million audience and 1.8 rating. The Lady GaGa-starring program, meanwhile, lured 5.5 million viewers and 1.6 rating.
FOX, however, was ranked second in term of rating. It drew a 1.7 rating in the demo with 5.1 million total viewers with the airing of "Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas" and "Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown" as well as a rerun of "The Simpsons".
Relying on Dr. Seuss movie "Horton Hears a Who" and "The 85th Anniversary of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade", NBC drew 3.7 million total viewers and averaged 1.1 rating.
More The Big Bang Theory News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'