'The Big Bang Theory' Is Most-Watched Program on Thanksgiving Night
On the night when TV networks aired specials to celebrate Thanksgiving, "The Big Bang Theory" was still the most-watched program. Repeat of the CBS sitcom ruled on Thursday evening, November 24 with 11.2 million viewers and 3.6 rating in adults 18-49 demographic.
Despite the lack of special programs, the Eye won the night with an average of 8.4 million viewers and 2.1 rating. The network's schedule was filled with reruns of its other hit shows such as "Rules of Engagement" (7.9 million, 2.4), "Person of Interest" (8 million, 1.7), and "The Mentalist" (7.8 million, 1.5).
ABC was placed second in term of total viewers with 5.4 million audience and 1.6 rating. The network had two Thanksgiving specials that night, "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and "A Very Gaga Thanksgiving". The former drew slightly more viewers than the latter with 5.7 million audience and 1.8 rating. The Lady GaGa-starring program, meanwhile, lured 5.5 million viewers and 1.6 rating.
FOX, however, was ranked second in term of rating. It drew a 1.7 rating in the demo with 5.1 million total viewers with the airing of "Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas" and "Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown" as well as a rerun of "The Simpsons".
Relying on Dr. Seuss movie "Horton Hears a Who" and "The 85th Anniversary of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade", NBC drew 3.7 million total viewers and averaged 1.1 rating.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date