First Look: Keanu Reeves Is Bearded Japanese Man on '47 Ronin' Set
Keanu Reeves ditched his futuristic "Matrix" persona and became a bearded Japanese man on the set of his latest movie "47 Ronin". The 47-year-old actor has been caught on camera sporting a red traditional Japanese robe during the shooting of the film in Shepperton Studios, London.
In the martial art movie, Reeves portrays Kai, an outcast who joins the leader of the 47 Ronin named Oishi. Together, they seek vengeance upon the treacherous overload who killed their master and banished their kind. To restore honor to their homeland, the warriors embark upon a quest that challenges them with a series of trials that would destroy ordinary warriors.
Back in April, during an interview with MTV, Reeves opened up about his character details. He said, "I call it a story of revenge and impossible love. The samurai become outcast and decide to enact Kai is an outsider, a kind of half-breed with a mysterious past, who's in love with the princess and she's in love with me, but we can't be together."
Serving as the director for "Ronin 47" is Carl Rinsch, while Chris Morgan and Hossein Amini team up to provide the script. According to MarketSaw, the fantasy-adventure film is also set to be filmed in Budapest, Hungary, and will be shot in 3D using the Red Epics camera. Universal Pictures has scheduled to release the movie on November 21, 2012 in theaters across the U.S.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs