First Look: Keanu Reeves Is Bearded Japanese Man on '47 Ronin' Set
Keanu Reeves ditched his futuristic "Matrix" persona and became a bearded Japanese man on the set of his latest movie "47 Ronin". The 47-year-old actor has been caught on camera sporting a red traditional Japanese robe during the shooting of the film in Shepperton Studios, London.
In the martial art movie, Reeves portrays Kai, an outcast who joins the leader of the 47 Ronin named Oishi. Together, they seek vengeance upon the treacherous overload who killed their master and banished their kind. To restore honor to their homeland, the warriors embark upon a quest that challenges them with a series of trials that would destroy ordinary warriors.
Back in April, during an interview with MTV, Reeves opened up about his character details. He said, "I call it a story of revenge and impossible love. The samurai become outcast and decide to enact Kai is an outsider, a kind of half-breed with a mysterious past, who's in love with the princess and she's in love with me, but we can't be together."
Serving as the director for "Ronin 47" is Carl Rinsch, while Chris Morgan and Hossein Amini team up to provide the script. According to MarketSaw, the fantasy-adventure film is also set to be filmed in Budapest, Hungary, and will be shot in 3D using the Red Epics camera. Universal Pictures has scheduled to release the movie on November 21, 2012 in theaters across the U.S.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival