First Look: Keanu Reeves Is Bearded Japanese Man on '47 Ronin' Set
Keanu Reeves ditched his futuristic "Matrix" persona and became a bearded Japanese man on the set of his latest movie "47 Ronin". The 47-year-old actor has been caught on camera sporting a red traditional Japanese robe during the shooting of the film in Shepperton Studios, London.
In the martial art movie, Reeves portrays Kai, an outcast who joins the leader of the 47 Ronin named Oishi. Together, they seek vengeance upon the treacherous overload who killed their master and banished their kind. To restore honor to their homeland, the warriors embark upon a quest that challenges them with a series of trials that would destroy ordinary warriors.
Back in April, during an interview with MTV, Reeves opened up about his character details. He said, "I call it a story of revenge and impossible love. The samurai become outcast and decide to enact Kai is an outsider, a kind of half-breed with a mysterious past, who's in love with the princess and she's in love with me, but we can't be together."
Serving as the director for "Ronin 47" is Carl Rinsch, while Chris Morgan and Hossein Amini team up to provide the script. According to MarketSaw, the fantasy-adventure film is also set to be filmed in Budapest, Hungary, and will be shot in 3D using the Red Epics camera. Universal Pictures has scheduled to release the movie on November 21, 2012 in theaters across the U.S.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift