NBC 'Severely Reprimands' The Roots Over Offensive Song Used for Michele Bachmann
A little details of NBC's apology letter sent to Michele Bachmann have been unveiled. Written by the network's VP late night Doug Vaughan, the letter informed that The Roots, who played Fishbone's song "Lyin' A** B****" to welcome the female politician on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon", had been "severely reprimanded."
According to Bachmann's representative Alice Stewart, Vaughan sincerely apologized for what happened on Monday night, November 21, and the executive admitted that the incident was "not only unfortunate but also unacceptable." Talking about the Republican presidential hopeful's response, the publicist stated, "She accepted the apology."
Beside receiving personal apology from NBC, Bachmann had also "a great conversation" with Jimmy Fallon over what happened. In a statement, the supporter of the Tea Party movement said, "I don't have anything against Jimmy Fallon. I love him, he's a kick. It was a great opportunity to be on the show. I'd love to go back again."
The band through their leader, ?uestlove, have apologized for what they did as well. "The performance was a tongue-in-cheek and spur of the moment decision. The show was not aware of it and I feel bad if her feelings were hurt. That was not my intention," so the drummer said.
Though accepting the apology, Bachmann made it clear that she was outraged over the incident. When appearing on Fox News, the politician said, "This is clearly a form of bias on the part of the Hollywood entertainment elite." She added, "This wouldn't be tolerated if this was Michelle Obama. It shouldn't be tolerated if it's a conservative woman either."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic