NBC 'Severely Reprimands' The Roots Over Offensive Song Used for Michele Bachmann
A little details of NBC's apology letter sent to Michele Bachmann have been unveiled. Written by the network's VP late night Doug Vaughan, the letter informed that The Roots, who played Fishbone's song "Lyin' A** B****" to welcome the female politician on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon", had been "severely reprimanded."
According to Bachmann's representative Alice Stewart, Vaughan sincerely apologized for what happened on Monday night, November 21, and the executive admitted that the incident was "not only unfortunate but also unacceptable." Talking about the Republican presidential hopeful's response, the publicist stated, "She accepted the apology."
Beside receiving personal apology from NBC, Bachmann had also "a great conversation" with Jimmy Fallon over what happened. In a statement, the supporter of the Tea Party movement said, "I don't have anything against Jimmy Fallon. I love him, he's a kick. It was a great opportunity to be on the show. I'd love to go back again."
The band through their leader, ?uestlove, have apologized for what they did as well. "The performance was a tongue-in-cheek and spur of the moment decision. The show was not aware of it and I feel bad if her feelings were hurt. That was not my intention," so the drummer said.
Though accepting the apology, Bachmann made it clear that she was outraged over the incident. When appearing on Fox News, the politician said, "This is clearly a form of bias on the part of the Hollywood entertainment elite." She added, "This wouldn't be tolerated if this was Michelle Obama. It shouldn't be tolerated if it's a conservative woman either."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny