Video: Nickelback Win the Crowd at NFL Thanksgiving Game Despite Protests
Nickelback were unfazed by Detroit 55,000-signed online petition which opposed their scheduled performance at the NFL's Thanksgiving Day game. At the Thursday night, November 24 championship, the Chad Kroeger-fronted band performed in good spirits battling any possible protests that might arise with a song about unity, "When We Stand Together".
Rumor has it, the Canadian band were met with a few boos from the crowd flooding the Ford Field at the beginning of their performance, but the cheers drown out the jeers. They were accompanied by local dancers and marching band members with flames and fireworks lighting up the sky. The show ended with a capture of fans in the stands holding up signs that read "Live United".
The Thursday halftime show, which was held during the showdown between the Detroit Lions and the Green Bay Packers, was to benefit the United Way. The charity included the "Nickelback Gives a Quarter Back" cause in which the band give away 25 cents - up to $100,000 - for every person who pledges to volunteer with the United Way as a reader or tutor.
As an alternative, Ann Arbor musician Mayer Hawthorne teamed up with Rolling Stone magazine to hold a live streaming show of his own. Taking place at the basement of his parents home, he performed such songs as "The Walk", "The Ills" and "Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Pleasin' Nothin' ". He played with a band that included included his dad on bass.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'